Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

It’s a stupid decision. What will it achieve? Will the amount of money they’ve spent they need a manager who can assess the players and decide. Or lamps does well and gets the job full time again. Even though he’s useless as a manager. They may as well bring Di Matteo back. At least he won them something

What do they need to achieve? It's just a stop gap. Guessing maybe they just want to take their time on appointing the next permanent big name even though there's a fair few without a club right now.

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

What do they need to achieve? It's just a stop gap. Guessing maybe they just want to take their time on appointing the next permanent big name even though there's a fair few without a club right now.

Pointless though isn’t it. Just stick with Bruno. Or even go left field with JT or something. Just don’t understand how Lampard keeps getting jobs. He’s failed everywhere

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Really think if we can just find a way to beat Bournemouth and get back out the bottom 3 we might juts scan staying up on GD or by a point

Bad news is our GD is going to take an absolute Rogering against Man City. 6 or 8 nil imo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Pointless though isn’t it. Just stick with Bruno. Or even go left field with JT or something. Just don’t understand how Lampard keeps getting jobs. He’s failed everywhere

Probably because he's a club legend, cheap and the fans aren't going to be totally against it. From memory his tenure there wasn't exactly a disaster, specifically the first season where he couldn't buy players but finished top 4? Did well at Derby. As far as interims go with no real expectations to meet it makes a lot of sense.

23 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Aren’t they still in the CL? I wouldn’t say lampard would be near my choice to see out the season when still in a major competition 

20 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Bad news is our GD is going to take an absolute Rogering against Man City. 6 or 8 nil imo.

I'm hoping they might rest a few players and get to about 3 up and then ease off, as our game is in between their CL games v Bayern. Right, I'll put my straws away now....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Aren’t they still in the CL? I wouldn’t say lampard would be near my choice to see out the season when still in a major competition 

So who would be your manager for 10 games since thats clearly what they're after? 

34 minutes ago, Stinky said:

They may as well have kept potter until the end of the season. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Danny ward said:

Look at the fixtures of the fellow relegation candidates ours is pretty favourable no chance we go down 

Bogey team Bournemouth at home next. Newcastle, Man City and Liverpool still on the list to play. Also relegation rivals Everton and Wolves - with West Ham on final day!! 

Edited by Guy

Just now, Guy said:

Bogey team Bournemouth at home next. Newcastle, Man City and Liverpool stil in the list to play. Also relegation rivals Everton and Wolves - with with West Ham on final day!! 

Gives me nightmares that 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Gives me nightmares that 

Me too - plus the fact that after Forest we've gone the second longest out of our relegation rivals without a win - with Forest's last win a week before our one over Spurs, just short of....two months ago!! !

Edited by Guy
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

Probably because he's a club legend, cheap and the fans aren't going to be totally against it. From memory his tenure there wasn't exactly a disaster, specifically the first season where he couldn't buy players but finished top 4? Did well at Derby. As far as interims go with no real expectations to meet it makes a lot of sense.

They still had a top team and most importantly Kante! I disagree I thought he did poorly with Derby. On paper best team in the championship and still failed to get them promoted 

Can we just get a win please this weekend ffs? Where is the determination? We saw the fight against villa now we need to combine it with some smarts and a steely drive to get all 3 points. Run then guts off and leave it all on the field if that’s what it takes. no more silly hospital passes we’ve all had enough. Win at all costs than we can reflect and prepare for man city.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Do you have any proof for this? There's no way a modern manager would agree to this kind of clauses. BR will count this week the money on his bank account and he will happily consider accepting a West Ham job next Monday or Tuesday. 

I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule which is applied on all occasions. In football every managerial contract and termination of contract is unique and tailored to suit the needs of both the club and the manager. Sometimes a club will sack a manager and not care whether he walks into another job the same day. They might think he's completely useless and unlikely to prove an asset to one of their rivals. West Ham, like ourselves, are deep in the mire, even more so after last night and we still have to play them on the last day of the season in what could be a winner stays up game. It would make sense for the board to insert some kind of clause in BR's leaving agreement to stop him taking another PL job before the end of the season, or even specifying certain teams he cannot join. Of course Brendan wouldn't have to agree to it if he didn't want to but then the club would pay him considerably less severance money. I think the board still rate BR as a manager and the last thing they would want to see is him keeping West Ham up at our expense.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Guy said:

Bogey team Bournemouth at home next. Newcastle, Man City and Liverpool still on the list to play. Also relegation rivals Everton and Wolves - with West Ham on final day!! 

Right now I can't see us beating any of that list!... we're just so fragile and have no real warriors in the team!

7 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Di Matteo 

Bloke hasn't had a job since he failed at Villa in the Championship 7 years ago. Underperformed from what I can understand in a short stint at Schalke. Besides that decent spells in League One with MK Dons and WBA in the Championship. And did nothing at Chelsea in a year besides from the CL having joined them in the QF stage most likely. Fair play to him for doing that but besides from the one triumph he kind of walked in to it looks fairly average to me? Absolutely no way is he a far better choice than Lampard

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stinky said:

You fancy us in a winner takes all game at the end of the season against West Ham then? You realise there are like 9 teams involved at the bottom right? 

I’m hoping it’s done before then. Yeh more teams at the bottom the better 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I’m hoping it’s done before then. Yeh more teams at the bottom the better 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don't know, I'm not suggesting I'm a hardcore hammer for the next 6 weeks but if they get away then cool. It doesn't mean we will just rock up and win without trying but there is an obvious benefit about playing a team who have nothing to play for.

339990740_5358524687584084_5085480005223

N'Golo Kanté has played 3️⃣ games at Stamford Bridge under 3️⃣ different managers this season... 😳
🆚 Tottenham under Thomas Tuchel
🆚 Villa under Graham Potter
🆚 Liverpool under Bruno Saltor

Probably 4 games 4 managers soon