Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 hours ago, Stinky said:

I don't know, I'm not suggesting I'm a hardcore hammer for the next 6 weeks but if they get away then cool. It doesn't mean we will just rock up and win without trying but there is an obvious benefit about playing a team who have nothing to play for.

That’s a very fair point. It won’t be ideal if we get to that game and they still need a point or something… thats a terrifying situation for us. You’d always back the home team last game of the season in that position. 

Ex Liverpool & Man City forward, Craig Bellamy, who was earning about £85,000/wk in 2010 has been declared bankrupt. He shared a very emotional message ❤️🥲
"I have been living the last five or six years on Death Row just waiting for someone to put me out.
"I have been waiting for the cell door to open and someone to say: 'Today’s the day'. It’s like the feeling of not being able to look forward to anything. All the money I’ve earned, I can’t get a mortgage. Financially, I have no future. The hurt of that. I can’t own anything. Everything’s gone.
"My life has been on hold. I’m not a tax dodger but I have been very naive and the HMRC have been pursuing me for unpaid tax for some time. Everything I have had has been taken from me. If you get the wrong people advising you, it all haemorrhages, it all dwindles. It has got to the point where bankruptcy is a relief. It means I can just live again.
"I know some people will probably think I have squandered all my money on drinking or gambling or drugs. I haven’t. I can go quiet where you won’t hear from me but I won’t be down the pub. I have never touched drugs since I was a young kid. I don’t gamble. I have never gambled. It doesn’t make any sense to me. But I have gambled on people unfortunately."
"I want this to be a warning to other players. Check everything, make sure the people advising you are regulated. If they are not regulated, it’s the Wild West. Get your stuff audited by independent people, the equivalent of getting a second opinion. I was brought up in a generation of footballers where everything was done for you. Every bill. Wherever I was, the club did everything for me. I think that’s wrong.
"It makes you too vulnerable. It’s good for players to have their own responsibilities because one day the club will not be there. You will finish your career and you will still be a young man and when you finish who’s going to pay your stuff then? You are going to have to learn to survive. You are going to have live in the real world."
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, davieG said:
Ex Liverpool & Man City forward, Craig Bellamy, who was earning about £85,000/wk in 2010 has been declared bankrupt. He shared a very emotional message ❤️🥲
"I have been living the last five or six years on Death Row just waiting for someone to put me out.
"I have been waiting for the cell door to open and someone to say: 'Today’s the day'. It’s like the feeling of not being able to look forward to anything. All the money I’ve earned, I can’t get a mortgage. Financially, I have no future. The hurt of that. I can’t own anything. Everything’s gone.
"My life has been on hold. I’m not a tax dodger but I have been very naive and the HMRC have been pursuing me for unpaid tax for some time. Everything I have had has been taken from me. If you get the wrong people advising you, it all haemorrhages, it all dwindles. It has got to the point where bankruptcy is a relief. It means I can just live again.
"I know some people will probably think I have squandered all my money on drinking or gambling or drugs. I haven’t. I can go quiet where you won’t hear from me but I won’t be down the pub. I have never touched drugs since I was a young kid. I don’t gamble. I have never gambled. It doesn’t make any sense to me. But I have gambled on people unfortunately."
"I want this to be a warning to other players. Check everything, make sure the people advising you are regulated. If they are not regulated, it’s the Wild West. Get your stuff audited by independent people, the equivalent of getting a second opinion. I was brought up in a generation of footballers where everything was done for you. Every bill. Wherever I was, the club did everything for me. I think that’s wrong.
"It makes you too vulnerable. It’s good for players to have their own responsibilities because one day the club will not be there. You will finish your career and you will still be a young man and when you finish who’s going to pay your stuff then? You are going to have to learn to survive. You are going to have live in the real world."

Ah the man with multiple drink driving convictions who definitely doesn't go to pubs or squander any money on alcohol.

Good advice at the end for players these days though. Not to be too reliant and make sure you have wise investments and wiser people around you during your career and perhaps more importantly after your career finishes once the regular extortionate amounts of money stop coming in... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good advice at the end for players these days though. Not to be too reliant and make sure you have wise investments and wiser people around you during your career and perhaps more importantly after your career finishes once the regular extortionate amounts of money stop coming in... 

Might sound a bit silly to some in suggesting this but reckon ex-players struggle after their respective playing careers is due to boredom, which leads to gambling etc.

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Getting pretty desperate isn't it? We might need to start ripping up every carpark with an LE postcode to see if we can find another long lost King.

No need. 

Andy King seen parking in Dover St. today. 

• Haha 1

On 06/04/2023 at 07:54, ceredigion said:

I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule which is applied on all occasions. In football every managerial contract and termination of contract is unique and tailored to suit the needs of both the club and the manager. Sometimes a club will sack a manager and not care whether he walks into another job the same day. They might think he's completely useless and unlikely to prove an asset to one of their rivals. West Ham, like ourselves, are deep in the mire, even more so after last night and we still have to play them on the last day of the season in what could be a winner stays up game. It would make sense for the board to insert some kind of clause in BR's leaving agreement to stop him taking another PL job before the end of the season, or even specifying certain teams he cannot join. Of course Brendan wouldn't have to agree to it if he didn't want to but then the club would pay him considerably less severance money. I think the board still rate BR as a manager and the last thing they would want to see is him keeping West Ham up at our expense.

I would really love it if this was the case but I don't trust any of this. I don't believe that our board had the best communication and relations with BR despite the announcements prior and after the "mutual termination" agreement. It's like telling me to believe what politicians say. Maybe it's just me but I simply don't trust anyone. This guy had on decline our team and they want me to believe they still rate him as a manager in a way they can stop him legally by a contract clause to take another job? Sorry, I'm not that naive. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

That would be shit luck. 

Saints have Man City

Everton have Man U

Forest have Villa

Wolves have Chelsea

Saints no, but Everton, Forest, and Wolves I can see potentially getting a result.

Flippin heck if that were to happen then we really are out of luck lol. that’s just insane but it could happen. We are Leicester City after all.

nah - seriously? all our rivals will lose today and it starts with manu thumping everton. We’ve suffered enough it’s somebody else’s turn now.

cmon you foxes! I’m happy to be the one beacon of optimism today :)

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Saints no, but Everton, Forest, and Wolves I can see potentially getting a result.

I agree. I can see Everton getting a draw and potential for forest to get something.

That said, I do think we will win today.

If the team leak is correct, i presume its last chance Saloon for Vardy. To be fair he looked sharper against Villa but unless there are goals from him its just not worth it. I kind of get Soumare if (and its a big IF) he is up for it and we don't need anything from him defensively. He can be more progressive than Mendy and if given licence to be more attacking this could (COULD!) be a good option, especially with Wilf looking better at playing the basics (minus his brain f@rt).  Need a new manager bounce from Soumare as it was obvious he and Rodgers hated each other.

As for big Dan, if Souttar isn't injured its a bizarre choice. 

If its not working, Soumare and Vardy need to be pulled at half time. None of this 80th minute cr@p.

23 hours ago, davieG said:

I met him in a club in Newcastle once, he hit on my Gf and was an arrogant **** in general. Not that I wish this on anyone, but... karma hurts. Be kind people! ;)

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I met him in a club in Newcastle once, he hit on my Gf and was an arrogant **** in general. Not that I wish this on anyone, but... karma hurts. Be kind people! ;)

Come on, we need the full story now lol

35 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You can see Everton winning at Man Utd, Forest winning at Villa, West Ham winning at Fulham, Southampton beating Man City and Wolves beating Chelsea?

Go and put some serious money on that and you can probably buy the club at the end of the season.

I might, and my first act as chairman will be to sack Marsch! 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You can see Everton winning at Man Utd, Forest winning at Villa, West Ham winning at Fulham, Southampton beating Man City and Wolves beating Chelsea?

Go and put some serious money on that and you can probably buy the club at the end of the season.

You can buy a bag of chips with the change! And a bus tide home.