Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

14 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its not the goal I have beef with, its the complete overreaction to it. I only heard about it until I saw it on youtube late last night. When I did watch it, I was expecting a lot more and left with a feeling of 'was that it?'

Ok..more the commentating..:yesyes:

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Bit of an unpopular opinion but Haaland's goal was not this outrageous amazing goal people seem to make out. He went for acrobatic when there was no-one even that close to him, easy on the eye for sure but not a goal of the season winner.

The assist by Grealish was superb. Absolutely on a plate for any striker.

13 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

PGMOL with another mistake this weekend..............

shocking how bad the officials as a whole have been this season

The problem with how they use VAR is one of passing the buck now. 

The refs won't make decisions and leave it to VAR, and VAR won't go against the refs initial call, so you end up with these pathetic non decisions when they are f**king obvious to anyone who looks at them. 

Howard Webb needs to sort it out sharpish. He's trying as he's already binned Mason and Dean from VAR but there's procedural stuff that needs changing first. All the officials protecting each other is the main one. 

• Like 2

To many mistakes being made with var it should be easier to sort things not take 20 mins to look at decisions and still get easy calls wrong .might as well bin it off it’s useless anyway 

• Like 1

i see why the brighton coaching staff was going mental tbf, this shit is happening far too much now, and if brighton missed out on UCL football by a win or point....hate to see the shit that will come out of it

the whole officials thing still feels like an old boys club, its shocking how bad it all is

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Md9 said:

To many mistakes being made with var it should be easier to sort things not take 20 mins to look at decisions and still get easy calls wrong .might as well bin it off it’s useless anyway 

Will say without VAR the penalties or goals still would have not been given - would people have accepted that more if it was just down to on pitch human error ?

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Will say without VAR the penalties or goals still would have not been given - would people have accepted that more if it was just down to on pitch human error ?

Probably not, but checking it for 5 mins at a time and still getting it wrong is just taking the p*** and apologising for it after the game has finished is useless. It was annoying if it went against you before var but you just have to get on with it and hope you got a bit of luck next time . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Probably not, but checking it for 5 mins at a time and still getting it wrong is just taking the p*** and apologising for it after the game has finished is useless. It was annoying if it went against you before var but you just have to get on with it and hope you got a bit of luck next time . 

Some of these decisions take time and are still 'wrong' because they are spending time working out if they can plausible give the decision they want to give. In the good old days the ref and the linesman could just say they just didn't see it!

• Like 1

Who was the VAR for that game? 

And why wasn't the ref sent to the monitor for that or the Dunk decision, but was for the Mitoma handball? 

So much inconsistency again which comes from the officials, again. 

The more apologies they have to make, the more hollow they get. 

• Like 1

The Brighton debacle is just another one we can chalk up to the Big Six conspiracy. Convenient way to scupper their UCL chances.

Newcastle have the bags to get the rub of the green now, of course. 🙊

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And why wasn't the ref sent to the monitor for that or the Dunk decision, but was for the Mitoma handball? 

The VAR ref was quite a young ref who hadn’t officiated in the PL much and maybe he felt he couldn’t over rule Atwell again ?

Or really just being no better in terms of their  decisions making and consistency.

Next week all 4 decisions made will probably be totally different!

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

The problem with how they use VAR is one of passing the buck now. 

The refs won't make decisions and leave it to VAR, and VAR won't go against the refs initial call, so you end up with these pathetic non decisions when they are f**king obvious to anyone who looks at them. 

Howard Webb needs to sort it out sharpish. He's trying as he's already binned Mason and Dean from VAR but there's procedural stuff that needs changing first. All the officials protecting each other is the main one. 

Yeah, the refs aren't making decisions because the back up is there yet the high threshold for overturning them creates more issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don’t think he was sent to the monitor for the mitoma handball 

it was given handball on the field and not enough evidence for var to over rule 

I didn’t have a problem with that call 

would be so much better and easier to just get rid of var 

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Fwiw, presumably we want a draw or palace win ?

Agreed ... what I can't figure out is why I'm watching this instead of the Masters when I know damned well we're down.

Heart says we still have a chance I guess.

edit: and as I post that, there's Bamford giving me every reason to switch to the golf.  Having put in an effort against us, Palace are back on the beach. 

Edited by KingsX