Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

38 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Arsenal have a much tougher run in than City aswell. If the lose at the etihad, man city win the league and I can't wait. 

Ever since their shit housing down here a few weeks ago clutching their heads after every challenge, little baby Saka kicking out because Viktor pocketed him from the first minute, I've nver wanted City to win a title more. They're a horrible club all round, very little to endear them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Andy Robertson got booked because the Lino chinned him lol 

These arrogant nobheads are so far over protected it’s unbelievable. Imagine the ban Robertson gets if it’s the other way round. 

It was the other way around mate.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Ever since their shit housing down here a few weeks ago clutching their heads after every challenge, little baby Saka kicking out because Viktor pocketed him from the first minute, I've nver wanted City to win a title more. They're a horrible club all round, very little to endear them.

The meltdown on aftv will be absolute gold. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Can't be doing with the Neville/Carragher combo screaming and screeching down the mike on comms. Just employ impartial people for these games. 

They should have had an Arsenal representative but it's usually Alan Smith which isn't any better.

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

'Dinosaur' Roy Hodgson is playing a midfield 3 of Doucoure, Schlupp and Eze. Yet we've had the Irish Guardiola here playing the ball backwards for 90 minutes. Nobody in the Media would dare suggest Hodgson was a more attacking and adventurous manager than Rodgers, but he is

I will also add that it's criminal we never went after Eze, Olise and Bowen etc, there's so much ability in the lower leagues that we have neglected over the past few years for 'Broken players'. 

Ahhh.....the "broken players" myth. Which broken players have we signed and don't give me Vesty (a last minute panic buy after Fofana got injured) or Bertrand (an experienced replacement for Fuchs as back up to see us through a couple of seasons)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iancognito said:

We go to Arsenal last game of the season. They'll probably need to win that game if Man City beat them in a couple of weeks. 

I'd love to give their Fam contingent something to cry about :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I wasn't sure what he said at the time, but he compared choosing between Man City and Arsenal for the title to choosing which bloke's going to nick your wife.

Utterly crass.

It was a reference to Neville because Neville said it years ago when Liverpool and Man City were going for the title.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

I'd like City to win a title too, I'm sure everyone on here would, but get real mate, we're not going to.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Garth Crooks up to his usual standard. Saying Grealish might have been intimidated by the likes of David Silva when he first went to Man City. 

That'll be the David Silva who left a year before Grealish joined Garth? :rolleyes:

Does he basically still pick whoever scores in that team of the week thing?

And then doesn’t really talk about them .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I've said this for years, but I've played so many sports where disrespecting the official Is an offence, and it's only expected that the captain discuss issues with him. Why football has allowed this culture of abuse is beyond me. 

My first thought is Robertson shouldn't be anywhere near the assistant to get elbowed. My second thought agrees with Roy Keane, man up and crack on Andy, there was very little if any contact and you initiated it anyway. 

Footballers are all ***** really anyway

And Robertson loves the reputation of being a shithouse. Now it’s in reverse he starts crying 😀

48 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Does he basically still pick whoever scores in that team of the week thing?

And then doesn’t really talk about them. 

Yep. His Wolves player this week has one small paragraph and the rest of it is talking about Chelsea. 

He did exactly the same when we beat Liverpool 3-0:

"Ruben Neves (Wolves)

This was another excellent performance from Neves against a Liverpool side that seemed to be lacking in every department. What on earth has happened to Joe Gomez, Thiago and Naby Keita? Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson's recent lack of form is also most worrying, while forwards Darwin Nunez and Mo Salah hardly had a kick. I'm beginning to think Nunez is suffering from stage fright. Clubs don't come much bigger than Liverpool and the pressure can be enormous. Nunez is really struggling in front of goal ."

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I've said this for years, but I've played so many sports where disrespecting the official Is an offence, and it's only expected that the captain discuss issues with him. Why football has allowed this culture of abuse is beyond me. 

My first thought is Robertson shouldn't be anywhere near the assistant to get elbowed. My second thought agrees with Roy Keane, man up and crack on Andy, there was very little if any contact and you initiated it anyway. 

Footballers are all ***** really anyway

And I notice moaning Henderson is straight in the linos face, screaming at him.  Henderson has been moaning at officials for years. Prat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Looks like Robertson grabbed his arm and the lino was shrugging him off to me but that probably isn't as dramatic a narrative as people seem to want to create.

That’s exactly what has happened and Robertson should be facing a similar ban to Mitrovic.
You need one weekend where every player who approaches an official in an aggressive way or uses abusive language is sent off to end this. It would be carnage and needs to be consistent.

Football has to be the only sport where players are allowed to disrespect officials and receive no punishment.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

That’s exactly what has happened and Robertson should be facing a similar ban to Mitrovic.
You need one weekend where every player who approaches an official in an aggressive way or uses abusive language is sent off to end this. It would be carnage and needs to be consistent.

Football has to be the only sport where players are allowed to disrespect officials and receive no punishment.

He's definitely been over-zealous with the arm movement but it certainly isn't worth the knicker twisting.