Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

20 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How do you like your Premier League football?

I like mine Americanised! Rosters! Dee-fence! Fan cams! No relegation! Super bowl!

It's ****ing coming and I've been highlighting this for years. 

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's a pre season kickabout mate

It's how it starts though isn't it?

And it's how is been been proceeding for the last five to ten years. It's a pre season kick about mate. It's the the community shield mate. It's one single fixture mate.

It's the thin end of the wedge. The NFL being held here is ****ing disgraceful for American fans but has whet the whistle of the Premier League. And mark my words, this is the first foray into getting matches over there.

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

It's how it starts though isn't it?

And it's how is been been proceeding for the last five to ten years. It's a pre season kick about mate. It's the the community shield mate. It's one single fixture mate.

It's the thin end of the wedge. The NFL being held here is ****ing disgraceful for American fans but has whet the whistle of the Premier League. And mark my words, this is the first foray into getting matches over there.

There have been pre season kickabouts in country x, y and z for bloody ages. Chill out brother.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What a dour selection. Obviously it should be nothing at all but is there much American clamour there to see those sides apart from Chelsea? 

Won't catch me driving the 7 or 8 hours to NJ to watch that.  Rather watch the local TFC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There have been pre season kickabouts in country x, y and z for bloody ages. Chill out brother.

Not with this.

It's not just a pre season tour is it? It's a premier league sponsored and branded tournament that is being given publicity. It's foundation digging for a bigger move.

The less involved the Americans are with the Premier League the better. Huge amount of American ownership and a drive for a relegationless super league aren't coinkydinks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Not with this.

It's not just a pre season tour is it? It's a premier league sponsored and branded tournament that is being given publicity. It's foundation digging for a bigger move.

The less involved the Americans are with the Premier League the better. Huge amount of American ownership and a drive for a relegationless super league aren't coinkydinks. 

The Premier League Asia Trophy has been going since 2003 and is a creation of the league; this threat pops up every few years and nothing has ever happened. I just can't see there being any meaningful fixtures abroad anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Premier League Asia Trophy has been going since 2003 and is a creation of the league; this threat pops up every few years and nothing has ever happened. I just can't see there being any meaningful fixtures abroad anytime soon.

The thing is with America is that money trumps everything. And the Premier League will be eyeballing the franchise and relegationless model with a greedy eye.

The wetter the beaks of the top birds the better and what place is more awash with money than America, particularly in the arena of sport.

And, at it's core, I object to all attempts to Americanise football. I think their sports culture to be dumb and gauche.

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The thing is with America is that money trumps everything. And the Premier League will be eyeballing the franchise and relegationless model with a greedy eye.

The wetter the beaks of the top birds the better and what place is more awash with money than America, particularly in the arena of sport.

And, at it's core, I object to all attempts to Americanise football. I think their sports culture to be dumb and gauche.

We can both agree on Americans / Americanisation my brother but I'm not catastroph-ising over this. No matter how many owners buy clubs I just don't think the culture over here will allow for it.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

If your preseason doesn’t include a 0-0 draw at Kettering, a late equaliser against Chesterfield and the police cancelling a game with Lincoln City, have you really had a preseason?

That’s soon to be our season not just our preseason 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

How do you like your Premier League football?

I like mine Americanised! Rosters! Dee-fence! Fan cams! No relegation! Super bowl!

It's ****ing coming and I've been highlighting this for years. 

Ohhhh…that big scarey beast across the pond…

If the PL is has strong & European football full of fans dire to to keep the tradition,

USA is just another spring for world football, they sit between S.America & growing

Canada..Why shouldn’t they the PL /Europe  expand,  & there will be needs for compromises, I am an old man but football like all sports developes and evolves..

The strength on those changes, is within those traditions themselves,from participants & fans.I have seen American kids & their parents embrace soccer & Rugby, some trying hard to understand the offside in various phases,or the handball runaround, Rugby-penalties ,etc ,maybe the answer comes from that side of the pond,we in the traditional old school countries, ain’t hit on them only various compromises in nearly 200years.

They might show us how to use and not abuse ( political or incompetence) VAR,

How game officials inform & interface “live” with the terrasses,without fear.

How game officials are made to have after game interviews,without fear and learn

how to get on with it.&  stand for their descisions…

I won’t see it, I won’t live that long ,but I welcome and embrace it USA-PL/ other sports exchanges including the misunderstood banter in our languages, & despite those cynical , bias immature fears..

I am bias in/to our UK/European sport traditions,I dislike many things in USA sports onfield culture,but enjoy even more..!! From court, field  though to pitches…

The American must win mental attitude in all walks of life,is more media push,but still too in depth for my liking within their society.Its quite refreshing to know its not

in all Americans,successfull or survival candidates…

I hate the American transfer system,or a threat in any sport of no-relegation.

It won’t stop me watching the various sports,but on these points I would protest and demonstrate,so strongly against.!! But that will be a fight or rule-compromisers

of the future…And no authorities or officials,businessmen cant force or tell the fans…Or those fans  will go off elsewhere to seek and recreate…

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nothing wrong with American football fans, stop being so snobbish.  People love the game and want to see some premier league teams playing. Good for them.

True and they're frickin loud too, but from my experience very different to fans attending games in the MLS.  The atmospheres in the MLS beats most of what we have here, believe me plenty of americans take the piss out of how quiet our stadiums are.