Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Money is being thrown around the MLS but very few are buying. Apple is already regretting their TV contract in year one, just like the previous TV rights people did before them.

That all might be true. Would love to see your source for all this information.  :D

30 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

So betting ads haven’t been banned really..

Just on the front of the shirt .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65260002

Maybe the start of it though ?

I can see them all just being replaced with "trading" companies like the one we've got, which from my layman's perspective is basically just gambling wearing a fake moustache and glasses

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Go west ham make the conference final. Extra games. Also if they reach final and are safe, they will play a weakened team against us in preparation for the final the following week.

I thought this but then found out the final is 10 days after our match. Not sure it will make much difference but their players might drop back a gear or two

43 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Isn't Toney's betting case soon? Wonder if he's about to have the book thrown at him and this shirt news today is to pre-empt all the calls of hypocrisy.  

Could potentially be spun that he's been let down by the authorities for a lack of education and also massive exposure to betting during the years? 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I thought this but then found out the final is 10 days after our match. Not sure it will make much difference but their players might drop back a gear or two

Probably the opposite actually. Usually players step up a gear before a final as they wont want to be dropped from the 11 

3 hours ago, Guest said:

I can see them all just being replaced with "trading" companies like the one we've got, which from my layman's perspective is basically just gambling wearing a fake moustache and glasses

There are a few things that are similar - (e.g. insurance/investing) - but are not classified the same way due to the fact that you are usually buying something with and for your money.  How much value it has compared to what you paid, however, is both the issue, but also too subjective to complain about broadly.

54 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Absolutely nothing story and I hate the world we live where people are clamouring to make a deal out of. Have a chat and shake hands. Job done.

Apart form sacking him which was never going to happen  not sure what else they could do anyway really. 

He'll probably not be officiating Liverpool games for a while though. 

45 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Good, if Robertson hadn't grabbed him then nothing would've happened. He clearly didn't elbow him on purpose. Shows how pathetic some footballers can be.

It's about time players showed officials more respect.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Looks like Martinez is now going to miss six months with a snapped Achilles 

with rashford missing three or four weeks, I wonder how many of our relegation group have to play them 

Forest being next… typically. We only have ourselves to blame, but a lot of little things like this seem to go against us at the moment 

45 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's about time players showed officials more respect.

I was hoping they’d spin this on its head and ban Robertson for laying hands on an official. 

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Forest being next… typically. We only have ourselves to blame, but a lot of little things like this seem to go against us at the moment 

Agreed, but we won’t need to look any further than 0/12 pts from Southampton and Bournemouth this season. It really is that simple.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Go west ham make the conference final. Extra games. Also if they reach final and are safe, they will play a weakened team against us in preparation for the final the following week.

Interestingly I got shot down for saying something similar a week or two ago lol