Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

25 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

And didn’t Swindon get relegated two divisions after they beat us in the play offs for similar offences, reduced to relegation to the championship on appeal. One rule for one and all that. 

Think that was a couple of seasons earlier.

6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I remember when people said he wasn't good enough for us. 

Is Villas squad better than ours? I did think Emery would of been a good fit for us. I consider the defensive work he mostly did at Villareal, an now the attacking threat I seen today, an sort of wonder would we be as high up as Villa with him, I'm unsure, but I do know we'd definitely be 10th-12th

Villa absolutely killing it this season. Acted at the right time and brought in an actual elite dude, now they’re within touching distance of the CL places. 

Imagine if our club had the foresight to get rid of Rodgers when we should have.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

you cant knock the villa ownership/board, they saw Gerrard wasnt the man, sacked him, got Emery and now they are firing, as someone said, just make you annoyed our board didnt see what the majority of the fans saw in the opening months of the season with Rodgers 

we'd a changed managers soon i dont think we'd be in the shambles we are now in the league

It wasn’t quite as clear cut though, Rodgers had “money in the bank” from the 2 top 5 finishes and winning the FA cup, plus the talk of the financial constraints.

The board took a punt it backfired.

Fingers crossed that doesn’t turn into spectacularly backfired with relegation looming.

Guest nathan.
Just now, Beachyboy said:

Did anyone think at the start of the season we'd be hoping Fulham got a result to help us, come on Fulham how quickly things can change. 

I never look at other teams doing us favours but today we could be 5 points adrift if Everton win.

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Everything except Wolves going our way... so far :chant:

Come the end of the day, I think we will be talking about 7 teams in the battle not 9. Which could be good for us next weekend.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1