Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Bournemouth v West Ham, will clarify the situation a bit more next week, either Bournemouth pull further away and suck West Ham into it a bit more, or West Ham pull away a bit, a draw would be good for us there, at this stage of the season, I think.

Edited by Beachyboy

13 hours ago, Nalis said:

I still maintain Bournemouth have been incredibly fortunate to play teams at precisely the right time with the way the likes of the Fulham, Spurs and Leicester fixtures landed. Their luck will run out next season.

Bournemouth have something we haven't had for at least 2 years, a strong mentality, they ran Arsenal right to the last seconds when they are going for the title, as well as beating Spurs and Liverpool. If we had their mentality we'd be about 7th this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think as far as we are concerned Palace, Wolves, and even Bournemouth are out of sight now. Fair play to Bournemouth, and well done Roy Hodgson.

Vital that West Ham, Leeds, and especially Forest lose today/tomorrow.

I actually think Leeds and West Ham will get out, and it will be three from four involved in the end.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

The blatant bias is unbelievable, all due to the money, no one expected Blatter and his mob to get caught, this will happen to the prem as well. I would have no interest in this league if we were not in it, preferring to watch National League (Dorking) and Championship games. Although it is interesting to see how poor Liverpool and Chelsea can be.

When will Man City be challenged re 100 incidents, probably never!

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bunchy the cat said:

100% bias towards the super rich clubs. Don’t care if I sound like a conspiracy theorist but it’s the only conclusion I can make from decisions like these. Spurs beat Brighton last week due to benefitting from similar decisions. Money brings with it corruption. There are billions of pounds sloshing around football, mainly generated by people around the world wanting to watch the ‘big’ clubs play in the big competitions. Clubs like ours, Brighton, Bournemouth have to overcome the officiating as well as the side we are facing if they happen to be the super rich mob. The media are wholly complicit, I’m still waiting to watch a replay of the Maddison possible penalty incident at the death at Man City yesterday after watching on sky then motd this morning?? Something I definitely won’t miss if we do go down 

They probably didn’t show it as that wasn’t going to affect the result .

Like they didn’t really talk about the penalty Wolves could have got v Brentford because they won

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunchy the cat said:

I’m still waiting to watch a replay of the Maddison possible penalty incident at the death at Man City yesterday after watching on sky then motd this morning

It wasn't a penalty. Maddison seemed to go down quite easily.

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just watching MOTD how on earth was Kane not given offside for their equaliser? He is clearly off and right in the goalies line of sight.

We had 2 goals ruled out at Brighton a season or so ago due to Barnes being ruled in the keeper's line of sight. Inconsistency or corruption? Or both?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

We had 2 goals ruled out at Brighton a season or so ago due to Barnes being ruled in the keeper's line of sight. Inconsistency or corruption? Or both?

There have not been any decisions like that since, so I am pretty sure everyone realized how ridiculous those Barnes decisons were and made sure that it has to be 100% stonewall to call offside that way now. When Brighton has not been getting decisions lately, I think of that game and karma.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Respect Bournemouth for their resilience. They were doomed couple of months ago. Fair play.

Bournemouth is basically already safe.  One more win for sure, and as mucked up as the bottom of the table is this season they might even have enough points already.  It's a very gutty escape from them when a lot of people had written them off.

I’m praying I’m wrong today but I just think Forest will get something today. 

Having said that, even a win gets them 5 points clear of us. We have Wolves, Leeds, Everton and Fulham coming up. If we can just control ourselves, even 5/7/9 points can be clawed back. They just need to switch on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It wasn't a penalty. Maddison seemed to go down quite easily.

Nah Sunil, I think you’ll find it’s a conspiracy and we were denied a victory yesterday - clearly the officials favoured man city and we were robbed ………

tbh, var makes little difference in how big clubs are treated because of the high bar (which is correct) used to overturn on field decisions

refs will still generally make on field calls in their favour 

Suspect Gunners will get as many "close" decisions as required to collect 3 points today.

If they drop points, the much-hyped title race will look like a procession once they lose to Man City.

4 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

The blatant bias is unbelievable, all due to the money, no one expected Blatter and his mob to get caught, this will happen to the prem as well. I would have no interest in this league if we were not in it, preferring to watch National League (Dorking) and Championship games. Although it is interesting to see how poor Liverpool and Chelsea can be.

When will Man City be challenged re 100 incidents, probably never!

I look out Dorkings results as my other half is from there. Thought they was going back down but just keep winning lately. I want a scarf but they don't have one on their shop site.