Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

31 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Oh really? He was sacked (oh wait, he wasn't sacked, it was a mutual contract termination) and we've appointed a farmer as a manager. You can't be serious. 

What's your deal? A farmer?? Fvck my life...

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

This exactly. I don't think some of our fans understand what will happen if we go down eventually. We'll need a new 26 players squad. This team is not a relegation quality team and this is why I'm having a rant. 

We will need 10 players probably in anyway even if we stay in the premiership. So while the task will be a lot bigger if we go down, realistically even if we stay up you could probably count on one hand who will definitely be here next season.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I would purely because the amount of people on here saying we missed out on him and how good he would have been for us. I’m still waiting for him to make Everton “hard to beat”, as I was told.

I was pro Dyche coming and do think he’d have been an improvement on the Rodgers of this season. However the team we have got in do seem much more positive than Dyche. Just a shame it wasn’t done sooner.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not a bad weekend of results for us. One win could put it back in our hands. Come on boys we can do this. 

A really good weekend for us, I think it's any 3 from 4 and possibly Leeds might be in there but the rest are probably just about safe barring a disaster for them.

We got zero points which is what everybody in and outside of Leicester took as a given.

A disaster for Everton and Southampton losing to mid table teams at home and a fixture both would have down as a "must win". Everton beat Fulham and we would had fell 5pts behind them which would have been critical for us. We have our home game against a mid table team next week so lets hope we don't suffer the same fate.

• Like 1

Just looked at our remaining games vs forest and evertons remaining games. (On paper) I think we'll get 9 points from our remaining games which would take us to 34 points. I don't see either Everton or forest getting to 34 points with their remaining games. This does however, rely on us beating Everton 

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Just looked at our remaining games vs forest and evertons remaining games. (On paper) I think we'll get 9 points from our remaining games which would take us to 34 points. I don't see either Everton or forest getting to 34 points with their remaining games. This does however, rely on us beating Everton 

And our GD is going to be worth an extra point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

And our GD is going to be worth an extra point.

I still think we have better players in most areas than these 2 and it is about confidence and belief now. We also need to get Barnes back. Next 3 games are absolutely huge! 2 wins in the home games and a draw at Leeds wouldn't be the worst outcome but ideally a win in all 3 would take pressure off a little depending on how forest and Everton get on in their other games (one of evertons being against us of course) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KFS said:

Steve Cooper talking about their ‘penalty’ and how Maguire could have been sent off. Did he watch the ****ing game? Got absolutely battered 

No doubt claiming Forest would have scored and gone on to win .

Now I understand their frustration at a decision not going the way they want but never really liked the argument a result would have been this had that happened unless the incident takes place in literally the last minute .

Suppose it would have given them confidence and something to hold onto but Man U would have probably come flying at them as it sounded like they did anyway .

Edited by Super_horns

Just done a spreadsheet awarding:

2pts for a "must win",

1.5pts for a "look to win"

1pt for "underdog but competitive match"

0.5pts for "very tough match"

0pt for "Playing Man City or away to a top team".

Leeds 37pts

Leicester 33.5pts

--------------------------------

Forest 33pts

Everton 32.5pts

Southampton 29pts

Interesting we have three games as "must win", the other four have one:

Leicester vs Wolves

Leicester vs Everton

Leicester vs West Ham

Everton vs Bournemouth

Forest vs Southampton

Leeds vs Leicester

Southampton vs Bournemouth

11 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm not trying to tell anything. I'm just posting my opinion and it's straightforward. If you all guys think that this trio of disaster can achieve something decent I rest my case. 

You still seem to believe Rodgers wasn’t sacked?

19 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm not trying to tell anything. I'm just posting my opinion and it's straightforward. If you all guys think that this trio of disaster can achieve something decent I rest my case. 

Not sure resting your case on an opinion is how legal arguments generally work….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Imagine forest and Everton lose every game now and we lose every game other than beating Everton. We'd stay up on 28 points 🤣

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Imagine there's no heaven..

To be honest, I prefer the original version. 🎼