Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure resting your case on an opinion is how legal arguments generally work….

You're right. The issue is that there are some facts you keep questioning. I said that BR wasn't sacked. The official statement was too "soft" for my liking and it was again a case of BR manipulating and taking advantage of the board. What happened after this IMO is laughable for a PL team and especially a team that has won the PL , the FA cup , the Charity thing, reached QF in CL and semi finals in another European competition. If you guys think this club should have Smith, Terry and Shakespeare I don't know. I hope you're all right and I'm completely wrong. 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You're right. The issue is that there are some facts you keep questioning. I said that BR wasn't sacked. The official statement was too "soft" for my liking and it was again a case of BR manipulating and taking advantage of the board. What happened after this IMO is laughable for a PL team and especially a team that has won the PL , the FA cup , the Charity thing, reached QF in CL and semi finals in another European competition. If you guys think this club should have Smith, Terry and Shakespeare I don't know. I hope you're all right and I'm completely wrong. 

How Brendan was let go is pretty much how all managers who are ‘sacked’ exit their clubs, the decline in this club is both shameful and caused by a multitude of factors, of which Brendan was a bit fat one, but also by the board being both asleep at the wheel and too loyal imho. The reasons for the loyalty can only be guessed at, but possibly related to the Top / Rodgers dynamic I assume.

• Like 1

I wonder if we're ever going to see a situation where player actually turns down joining Man City. Seems like every player they want, they get. No issues... money talks I guess. I hope Bellingham is a sensible a chooses a move wisely, rather than the bigger cash. Goes to Citeh no guarantee he's starting in there xi. As mentioned before Bellingham should stay playing abroad, Real Madrid maybe a better move. 

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

If we are to get out of it we need West Ham to be safe and on the beach when we play them at the KP.

Hopefully they will get all the way to the Europa Conference League final and slap out the B Team to play against us.

• Like 2

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Id rather see Everton go down than Forest... 

Of course will take any 3 teams going down that don't include us. 

Everton having been hanging on for years, what makes more laughable there only what a year away from that big new stadium of 50,000 of which could be hosting championship football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wonder if we're ever going to see a situation where player actually turns down joining Man City. Seems like every player they want, they get. No issues... money talks I guess. I hope Bellingham is a sensible a chooses a move wisely, rather than the bigger cash. Goes to Citeh no guarantee he's starting in there xi. As mentioned before Bellingham should stay playing abroad, Real Madrid maybe a better move. 

well other than the unreal money they get, they also have guaranteed trophies and a club that actually does rotate its squad. 

There’s no other team that rotates as much as them. Everyone seems to get a decent run out.  

3 hours ago, Buzzell said:

Hopefully they will get all the way to the Europa Conference League final and slap out the B Team to play against us.

Folks, the Conference League final is a week and a half after they play us.  If WHU are still in it, they will play their best against us just to keep them sharp.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Super_horns said:

They probably didn’t show it as that wasn’t going to affect the result .

Like they didn’t really talk about the penalty Wolves could have got v Brentford because they won

That’s a fair enough point. My only problem with that is in my opinion if the score line was reversed and it was a possible penalty for Man City we would have seen multiple replays from every possible angle. It’s probably impossible to be subjective regarding this point as I support Leicester and not one of the super rich clubs. Just wish I could be arsed to sit through all of the games that have seen the rich clubs receive an unfair advantage, collate the decisions and prove my point. But I can’t be arsed so guess it will just have to remain my opinion 

Edited by Bunchy the cat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wonder if we're ever going to see a situation where player actually turns down joining Man City. Seems like every player they want, they get. No issues... money talks I guess.

Just like Man United under Fergie, players would join knowing they would make probably a max of 10 appearances a season get good money and have a good CV of trophies