Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

22 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Changing topic for a moment, how sad is this?

Really sad indictment of modern football, and not necessary having a go at Arsenal. I remember vividly as a boy being singled out by Neil Lennon at The Dell as I was the only collecting autographs wearing an LCFC shirt, and my dad having full blown conversations with the likes of Spencer Prior and Matty Elliott. What have footballers become?! That girls dad must have paid hundreds/thousands for his daughter to be a mascot, and they get that level of contempt - disgusting.

There was a very similar one a few years ago with the Liverpool players and their mascot. They must have to concentrate really hard to spell their names right or something …

• Haha 1

4 clubs doing it for us  Soton,,Forest,Everton,Leeds…:yahoo:

The question can we do it for ourselves…:dunno:

I don’t, see any of those 4 going beyond more than 34pts.

Us on 25 pts hoping to catch them…3 wins.
Has to be found,with a couple of buffer pts.

Hope springs eternal…

2 minutes ago, evil jack said:

There was a very similar one a few years ago with the Liverpool players and their mascot. They must have to concentrate really hard to spell their names right or something …

I remember that, think it might have been in the title winning season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Parents paid £2500 for there kid to be mugged off…joke club

Not one play even looked at him, not even a word "how are you" or "alright mate" arrogant t#ats. They forget some of them they were once that young mascot.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Leeds look every bit a relegation side.

Zero confidence, clueless manager. No idea what their best team is.

Southampton….. Leeds and one more..

Im going for Forest to be the third side down 

Two terrible appointments since Bielsa left. They miss Kelvin Phillips that for sure took the spine out of the team.

31 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Really sad indictment of modern football, and not necessary having a go at Arsenal. I remember vividly as a boy being singled out by Neil Lennon at The Dell as I was the only lad collecting autographs wearing an LCFC shirt, and my dad having full blown conversations with the likes of Spencer Prior and Matty Elliott. What have footballers become?! That girls dad must have paid hundreds/thousands for his daughter to be a mascot, and they get that level of contempt - disgusting.

I hope a Journalist…Soccer Saturday, or top media outlet puts it out & questions the attitude of this group of players…no face contact,no hello…Nada.

This what they do often enough…If I was the girl,I would of dropped the shirt and burnt it.. bloody heathens.….  :mad:  Even. :@

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Not one play even looked at him, not even a word "how are you" or "alright mate" arrogant t#ats. They forget some of them they were once that young mascot.

They’ve never been real football fans though. Footballers today are no different to social media influencers, chasing the fame and success but not passionate about the sport. They don’t appear to be able to empathise with football fans of any age. They are so far removed from normal society.

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wouldn't rule out Liverpool being stuffed tonight 3-0! they just don't look up for this season. They just want to hit the beach now and go again next season. 

This message not aged well, klopp must have read this 😆

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It’s videos like that, that make you feel for the young generation of footie fan. This is all they’ve known and always will. Arrogant pricks who don’t care about the people who make the game what it is - just waiting for their obscene pay packet at the end of their easy week win or lose. No characters in this game anymore, beyond disappointing isn’t it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That’s because it’s the North’s version of HD, the version without flat caps and whippet flying. Standard definition would look like there’s pie and peas been thrown at the camera.

No no…I love pie & peas..no chucking pie n peas..

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yeah. I was waiting for the players after a loss at Old Trafford as a kid, wearing my new Tim Flowers shirt I'd got for my birthday that day. Next thing I knew the coach driver came over and says that Flowers had invited me on the coach to meet the players. It was amazing and something I'll never forget.

Sad to see how they are these days. 

I had a drink at the Holiday Inn bar last season after we beat Southampton 4-1 on the final day.

Came out and a load of young fans of both sides were waiting for them to come out. Pretty much the whole of the Southampton side just ignored them and went straight on the bus.

Bearing in mind that these had just travelled half the country to watch those twats get battered. 

20 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yeah. I was waiting for the players after a loss at Old Trafford as a kid, wearing my new Tim Flowers shirt I'd got for my birthday that day. Next thing I knew the coach driver came over and says that Flowers had invited me on the coach to meet the players. It was amazing and something I'll never forget.

Sad to see how they are these days. 

He was excellent like that Tim Flowers (I'm sure others were too, but I had a similarly pleasant experience with him in particular)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

It’s videos like that, that make you feel for the young generation of footie fan. This is all they’ve known and always will. Arrogant pricks who don’t care about the people who make the game what it is - just waiting for their obscene pay packet at the end of their easy week win or lose. No characters in this game anymore, beyond disappointing isn’t it. 

I was at a ladies match the other day. Good attendance, good family atmosphere. However once went in the bar there was loud blaring music with a group of lads making loads of noise I then learnt it was men's team. Interestingly during the game the men's team did not come out of the bar once to watch the ladies match. Post the final whistle, ladies were invited into club bar... they turned it down and went to local pub instead and can you blame them. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Really sad indictment of modern football, and not necessary having a go at Arsenal. I remember vividly as a boy being singled out by Neil Lennon at The Dell as I was the only lad collecting autographs wearing an LCFC shirt, and my dad having full blown conversations with the likes of Spencer Prior and Matty Elliott. What have footballers become?! That girls dad must have paid hundreds/thousands for his daughter to be a mascot, and they get that level of contempt - disgusting.

That’s sad and pathetic from the players.

However, I wish it wasn’t just the kids of the wealthy who had access to their clubs.

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

That’s sad and pathetic from the players.

However, I wish it wasn’t just the kids of the wealthy who had access to their clubs.

I think it's how players are brought I'm afraid they say this on tele etc... and think this cool and okay. While really it's just robotic and rude.

It's bit like when you watching players going to schools, hospitals or events you can tell the players don't want to be their. They've been told to go rather than volunteer. I remember hearing Emmanuel Adeboyayor sorry if I spelt his name wrong used to refuse to do the social events and even refused to pay fines that use to go towards local charities. 

Loved being mascot. Kick around with Gary Mills. Ten minutes of penalties against Gavin Ward. Heading practice with John Gregory.

Then back into the tunnel and being mercilessly taken the piss out of by Colin Hill for telling him Mike Whitlow was my favourite player.

Great day and one I can still remember like yesterday despite it being almost 30 years ago.

Not to mention Ricky Otto and the Southend team being genuinely nice also.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 3