Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Stadt said:

I think a lot are reading too far into these games today. Forest aren’t the first promoted side to lose their first game - they’re going to take some time to gel.

Please just let us have this one day 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why do forest fans always say they only hate derby? I truly don’t understand that. Them and derby seem to be mates if anything with no real hatred there yet when we play then it always kicks off. 

Nottingham and derby hate each other - irrespective of football 

watching an Lcfc old boys match with chilly , gray and NG out there ….

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think a lot are reading too far into these games today. Forest aren’t the first promoted side to lose their first game - they’re going to take some time to gel.

Does the impulsive nutter who owns them have it in him to stay out of the way?

If he figures he's invested a hundred mill in a nailed-on relegation season, I could see things getting very entertaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Forest used the loan market last season to go up and needed to replace those players because they didn’t tie them down. Means they now need the team to settle and in the PL, you don’t get much chance for that to happen. They haven’t signed anyone special 

It seems absolutely mad that they didn't make any proper attempt to keep Djed Spence and Phillip Zinckernagel. Both quality players, more than cut out for the top flight, and looking at how much they've spaffed they can hardly say it wasn't going to be cost effective.

It's funny to watch neutrals tenting over them being up and "making a statement", but it stinks of the season Fulham came up, made wholesale changes to the loan-heavy squad that got them up, and promptly embarrassed themselves.

Again, very early days yet, and it will be a few weeks before we can make a real judgement on any team's prospects - but promising signs for those of us who want their stay to be a short one. lol

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4