Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I reckon the return of Mourhino to Chelsea this summer is inevitable. I know there's interest from PSG for him but I just think Chelsea for him his too tempting for to turn down. Boehly will look to bring him back in attempt to get the fans back on side.

9 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Far better than miserable old Arsenal and their deadpan Captain Scarlett manager. Can’t stand his ott touch line antics and stepping on the pitch nonsense. I really hope Man City win the league. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, old koppite said:

Far better than miserable old Arsenal and their deadpan Captain Scarlett manager. Can’t stand his ott touch line antics and stepping on the pitch nonsense. I really hope Man City win the league. 

I'm nicking that lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As there ever been situation where a interim manager as been sacked

Likely just ride it out wont they. They can't realistically make Europe now and they can't be relegated. As ridiculous as it sounds for a side that's spent £550m, there's no point making any more changes at this point

On 19/04/2023 at 01:49, old koppite said:

My other half refused to support Arsenal this season (not that it means that much since she wasn't intending to give them any money anyway) due to the ESL fiasco, and would probably love it if they lost for this reason, even only for this season - preferably at the last, final minute, just to tease them! :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Likely just ride it out wont they. They can't realistically make Europe now and they can't be relegated. As ridiculous as it sounds for a side that's spent £550m, there's no point making any more changes at this point

What was the point sacking Potter now, then replacing him with a managed that struggled towards the bottom of the premier league. Comedy errors their. You'd think it would be sensible see how Potter does till the end of season, if stays bad then sack him. Rather than pay someone else to do even worse. 

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

What was the point sacking Potter now, then replacing him with a managed that struggled towards the bottom of the premier league. Comedy errors their. You'd think it would be sensible see how Potter does till the end of season, if stays bad then sack him. Rather than pay someone else to do even worse. 

They shouldn't have sacked Tuchel in the first place. Their fundamental problem is they are perpetually stuffing their bloated squad with overpaid, egocentric players on ridiculously long contracts who all believe they should be in the first 11, and then basically saying to the manager, "Sort this lot out, could you please?" 

Tuchel, Potter and Lampard have all struggled. So will the next incumbent unless they trim the squad and radically change the culture of the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They shouldn't have sacked Tuchel in the first place. Their fundamental problem is they are perpetually stuffing their bloated squad with overpaid, egocentric players on ridiculously long contracts who all believe they should be in the first 11, and then basically saying to the manager, "Sort this lot out, could you please?" 

Tuchel, Potter and Lampard have all struggled. So will the next incumbent unless they trim the squad and radically change the culture of the club.

They just throw money at the problem, which honestly is actually making situation worse. Need to off load a few, if Gallagher is going for a cut price... that's one for the summer if we stay up. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

My other half refused to support Arsenal this season (not that it means that much since she wasn't intending to give them any money anyway) due to the ESL fiasco, and would probably love it if they lost for this reason, even only for this season - preferably at the last, final minute, just to tease them! :D 

But they'll only lose it to another ESL team if they do lol

14 hours ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Austrian media reporting that Hütter will take over Palace in the summer with Klaus Schmidt (current manager of Austrian Bundesliga side Altach) as his assistant.

Yep.   Several outlets confirming this now.  Palace have turned their mess around in a matter of 3 weeks. We will probably need 3 years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yep.   Several outlets confirming this now.  Palace have turned their mess around in a matter of 3 weeks. We will probably need 3 years.

Shows how football can change so quickly. 

We've car crashed a top 7, trophy winning, European playing club in the time of a  closed season and three weeks of a new season. 

But it works the other way too. As Palace are showing 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

There was a rumour doing the rounds that Boehly sought advice from James Corden about appointing Lampard, that is obviously bullshit but I want to be true so badly. 

• Haha 1