Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

54 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Looking at the Palace forum to gauge what their fans are thinking about it - their forum looks exactly the same as it did 10yrs ago!

Palace are quite content with mid table security. They are never going to compete with the big clubs in London and their fans know it. They enjoy their odd victory over them and an occasional cup run. Good for them , our club has attracted a vein of entitlement masquerading as ambition recently and its not pretty.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Palace are quite content with mid table security. They are never going to compete with the big clubs in London and their fans know it. They enjoy their odd victory over them and an occasional cup run. Good for them , our club has attracted a vein of entitlement masquerading as ambition recently and its not pretty.

Oh no, I didn't mean their fans read exactly the same on there - it's that the forum itself, in it's format and non-phone mode default looks exactly like it did when I'd go on to read what they were saying about Neil Danns before we signed him.

For all their growth and change in fan culture, the forum layout & aesthetic looks crap.

Will have to check on Burnley & Sunderland later on too - their forums were the ugliest and used a strange inline post replying system which made it difficult to produce a coherent flow of conversation.

Chelsea sacking Potter and replacing him with Frank, didn't make sense but, much of what happens at Chelsea doesn't make sense.

Be highly amusing if the table finished as it is, and they are below local geographic rivals - newly promoted Fulham and Brentford.

7 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Chelsea sacking Potter and replacing him with Frank, didn't make sense but, much of what happens at Chelsea doesn't make sense.

Be highly amusing if the table finished as it is, and they are below local geographic rivals - newly promoted Fulham and Brentford.

.....then we´re relegated

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I doubt he would have sought advice, but the thought of Corden actually suggesting it and him going along with it seems entirely plausible for that clown. 

Moden football fans make me want to vomit, the obsession with spending money as though it's the only thing that matters. Once again, just like at Everton, money alone doesn't mean a thing with terrible people making the decisions.

You see it on here "Get someone who'll invest more money", I'd rather have someone who makes more good decisions than bad, thanks.  

The way I see it, is the actual game plan behind it all is correct.  Build towards tomorrow, not for today, that can be a great business plan for a football team. However, Chelsea are a club that demands success today and not just that they also are paying way above market value and paying finished article prices for players that havenet yet proved themselves. 

Rather than being a wonderful story of allowing the top youth to grow into a superstar team they will simply lose patience and ship off the players at a huge loss. So many young talented players will have just signed away any hope of a top career because they will go down the ross barkley path. Madueke is not ever going to be a star for chelsea... he wont get enough game time to actually improve to that level now. What is so evident about it is the simple fact that they arent even playing them all now. Their season is over, its a free hit.  If the plan was all about youth... youd be lining up 11 of these youngsters and let them use these games to develop 

Kepa

chillwell
 fofana
badashile
chalobah
james

enzo
chukwemeka

mudryk madueke
fofana

Id just be using that until the end of the season personally 

Edited by Lambert09

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

That’s Captain Black.

Yeah, but that's the obvious comparison for Arteta.

Grasping at straws and wasting some time earlier at work, the best I could come up with for Scarlet himself was Saša Lukić

Cpt Scarlet.png

2 hours ago, Sandwhale said:

Yeah, but that's the obvious comparison for Arteta.

Grasping at straws and wasting some time earlier at work, the best I could come up with for Scarlet himself was Saša Lukić

Cpt Scarlet.png

Poor shout for me - Captain Scarlet looks like Alan Hansen imo

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

We're very spoilt, I don't know another forum that looks as good as ours. 

Also, I don’t know any forum that has such a variety of topics - everything from comments on the last match to opinions about the next one, computer advice to film recommendations and personal stories to occasionally funny jokes. FT is irritating at times, but mostly it’s brilliant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

As crap as Maguire was, De Gea didn't help him out by doing a straight pass to him with pressure from 3 players.

Just whack it in row Z or pass the right back who was waiting. 

It was 80% on Maguire and 20% on De Gea in my view.

Maguire asked for the ball and could see the 3 players at the time so it wasnt a surprise. But so could De Gea. Was an easy step out to create space towards the centre circle. Just an all round fvck up really.

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

As crap as Maguire was, De Gea didn't help him out by doing a straight pass to him with pressure from 3 players.

Just whack it in row Z or pass the right back who was waiting. 

Tbf De Gea has probably played that ball all season, it's just that he usually passes to better defenders.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Then I'd argue it's on De Gea to be the grown up and make a decision. Not defending Maguire but his GK should know him well enough to pass to literally anywhere else. 

Alongside that De Gea can see all of the pitch but Maguire has his back to it 

• Like 2