Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

What a game, got to admit it’s getting to me now, at 1-3 I had to walk away and do some jobs around the house because I thought it was another result not going our way. It’s in our own hands but tomorrows gonna take something special for me to get that trust back in us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It doesn't change anything because we need 3 points tomorrow whatever happens in any other game this weekend. 

I'm sorry I just don't understand that logic.

Southampton lose tonight and we lose tomorrow and we're still closer to safer than we are now. It changes alot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

The way this Arsenal team has bottled the league just makes me remember how special our title winning squad truly was.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Puts into perspective even more how huge it was that we didn't look close to bottling it at any point in our run in when we won the league.

Truly remarkable and the whole world was watching and cheering as well. 

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm sorry I just don't understand that logic.

Southampton lose tonight and we lose tomorrow and we're still closer to safer than we are now. It changes alot.

I think we're looking at it from different angles.

To me, I see our results as more of the priority. Even if Southampton weren't even playing tonight, we're all saying we need to win tomorrow. Winning tomorrow is the be all and end all.

So whatever Southampton were going to do tonight, we were still needing to win tomorrow because of being in 19th place. We have to win, whatever other sides do. 

Objectively, a point at Arsenal is an exceptional result but that will feel like a loss for Southampton. 3-1 up and ahead after 30 seconds is a sucker punch that they may struggle to recover from - not unlike when Yeovil conceded to Schmeichel/Wood at the death and their players were absolutely crestfallen.

Keeps us off the bottom and demoralises a rival. Get a result tomorrow and things could look rosy with Forest, Leeds and Everton all away with tricky games.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

not unlike when Yeovil conceded to Schmeichel/Wood at the death and their players were absolutely crestfallen

Agreed. They're still feeling it too, now they've been relegated from the National League. 

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Puts into perspective even more how huge it was that we didn't look close to bottling it at any point in our run in when we won the league.

Something that even to this day we never get credit for, its always how Tottenham blew it rather than that they could never catch us.

• Like 3