Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

I think we're looking at it from different angles.

To me, I see our results as more of the priority. Even if Southampton weren't even playing tonight, we're all saying we need to win tomorrow. Winning tomorrow is the be all and end all.

So whatever Southampton were going to do tonight, we were still needing to win tomorrow because of being in 19th place. We have to win, whatever other sides do. 

Southampton were still winning when I posted!

I think we are looking at it from different angles. We need to win at some point yeah, because you can't rely on others for too long, but if we lose and those around us continue to lose we're still as close as we were to safety.. Southampton picking up points does us no good and that's why no one actively wanted them to win tonight in the first place.

29 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean it wasn't though was it? the squad we had last season shouldn't have become relegation candidates off one window without investment. a responsible manager who doesn't throw his toys out the pram at that and we're not in this mess 

It was to me, don't know how you find prior comments but you could see other teams strengthening and we weakened ourselves by some way. We list fofana, lookman and kasper, Vardy was always going to fall off a cliff and youri performances weren't great as his head was turned, then there's BR calling the team after the forest game.  Yes it was obvious

44 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

After that performance I feel like we are the worst team in the division. I think we have one point against the current top 6. Lost to Southampton twice. Worst Chelsea team in two decades and lost twice. We can put it right tomorrow but I’m not convinced it’s game over for the Saints. Why they took Alcaraz off I do not know, he was on fire. 

We have been. Exactly what I was getting at when I was saying about how a disgraceful start like that last week has become so normalised here when it shouldn't be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Watching games like that makes our title win even more miraculous. Newcastle have bottled the league, Liverpool under Rodgers, Spurs, now maybe Arsenal. But somehow we didn’t despite that heartbreaking last minute loss to Arsenal. We probably go down this season but still, to see that dream come true was totally insane. 

And Danny Simpson said on a podcast recently they were still hungover for a few of the games lol 

Literally how 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bullet dodged. If Southampton won that they'd be right back in the mix to survive. But to draw it like that, that should be enough hopefully to end them.

Three of their next four fixtures are very winnable:

Bournemouth (h)

Forest (a)

Fulham (h)

Southampton have looked terrible but against Arsenal they've shown they've got some fight after this match and the four teams above them all look like they'll struggle to win two games more this season.

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The passion and commitment from the Southampton players against our limp performances is stark. Brendan was shite but our players have been so poor it’s been beyond belief 

They have and as I was saying last week we have some thoroughly unlikeable players - players you wouldn't wanna be down the trenches with, players who don't dig in and fight.

However, us as fans have been just as apathetic over the last 2 years, but that's what's been allowed to be instilled all stemming from Brendan's demeanor, the boring football, the obsession with control.

That's been and gone now though, hopefully we can get abit of bite, abit of nastiness and ruthlessness into our play and mentality now, hopefully it's not too late.

Edited by Matt

5 hours ago, KFS said:

And Danny Simpson said on a podcast recently they were still hungover for a few of the games lol 

Literally how 

Mental strength was incredible in that squad and they'd been through a lot in the seasons before. Play off disaster, championship win, great escape....all of those events plus the signing of Kante led to our resilience being incredible 

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The passion and commitment from the Southampton players against our limp performances is stark. Brendan was shite but our players have been so poor it’s been beyond belief 

I assume Brendan was trying to keep them on message that everything would be fine if they just kept playing their football - hopefully smith has broken that spell and they realise it’s nowt to do with their controlled football and everything to do with fight and commitment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2