Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

As a point, I'm actually kinda glad Forest didn't get absolutely battered. It's one of those on-paper results where they can kid themselves and hopefully sleepwalk into a crisis, rather than getting a wake-up call to up their game now they're amongst the big boys. 

Bournemouth and Fulham both looked hungry and ready to fight for their place by comparison, and were suitably rewarded today against opposition that woefully underestimated them. The Cherries were a particular surprise, given they've had a crisis summer themselves. In a way, it makes me more optimistic for our own chances, so long as our boys have a little fire in our bellies after the transfer saga siege.

31 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Regards Forest, it is very early days but what must concern them was the gulf in class today was huge, they looked like a far weaker side than they did last season.

The notable thing was how disorganised they were which will improve but I'm not sure it'll be enough, it didn't look like they've targeted the right type of players to me, they wouldn't go wrong with some of our fringe players imo, especially Hamza 

Always the most humbling thing when ambitious newly promoted sides come up is the defeats to nil against mid-table sides. Those are the games you’re thinking you can target and then you get beaten to nil without ever threatening.

For us I think back to that spell in October/November 2014 where we lost 2-0 to Swansea, Palace and Southampton without really making an impression on the game and then over the winter we lost 1-0 at home to West Brom, Palace and Stoke. It was very dispiriting.

”Premier League experience” is a bit of a cliche but down the bottom end of the table it can make a difference. We only started to thrive when Huth and Albrighton came into the side. Forest have very little of it.

The only thing which makes me think they might stay up is the mid-season break for the World Cup. They won’t have many players there and will get a chance to take stock and work on surprising teams in the second half of the season. Also gives them a second pre-season with all their new players and a chance to gel them on the training ground without the relentless schedule which precedes the World Cup.

Forest will undoubtedly improve. For a club that has been out of the PL for so long, with multiple new faces to incorporate into the team, and a tricky away game to start their campaign, they were always going to struggle a bit early on. 

If they can get to Christmas still in touch of safety and keep improving steadily they may just stay up. It'll be a tough ask but the way Cooper turned the team around after taking over has to give them some optimism at least. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Medical emergency in the crowd :( 

Must be bad - the PL were quite openly saying they weren't going to stop games for it this year unless it was serious. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Forest will undoubtedly improve. For a club that has been out of the PL for so long, with multiple new faces to incorporate into the team, and a tricky away game to start their campaign, they were always going to struggle a bit early on. 

If they can get to Christmas still in touch of safety and keep improving steadily they may just stay up. It'll be a tough ask but the way Cooper turned the team around after taking over has to give them some optimism at least. 

I think what might screw Forest over is if a team like Everton, West Ham or even you guys are struggling Cooper could be nabbed as those clubs are a greater draw than Forest as this moment in time. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

It’s almost beyond comprehension that having spent the money Everton have under the current owners, they have a team that contains players like Dele Alli, Iwobi and Demari Gray.

They are so going to miss Richarlison, their best player by miles and I’d have no surprise to see this lot relegated.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

A lot easier to find some momentum in the Championship though

• Like 1