Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

12 hours ago, KFS said:

And Danny Simpson said on a podcast recently they were still hungover for a few of the games lol 

Literally how 

Have you ever seen the Ted Lasso tv show? I get the feeling our changing room then was similar… lots of larger than life characters, but all in it together, fighting for a cause bigger than themselves. 

I remember watching footage on Sky after the Arsenal game where Henry said that Arsenal were lucky to win and it was Leicester who looked like title winners. Why? Because they were throwing themselves at everything, geeing  each other up, celebrating blocks like goals. Arsenal looked disinterested in that one despite going for the title! With that chemistry you don’t need an entire team of superstars. 

In my own personal life I’ve also noticed that sometimes when you achieve something as a collective such as at work it’s often not because everyone on the team is elite, but because they work well with one another. Hungover or not!

• Like 1

Bournemouth v West Ham tomorrow.

I think Bournemouth on 33 points with 7 games to go have more or less done enough to get themselves out of it, so I want them to pump West Ham to leave them three points ahead of us with a worse GD.

Hammers are also still going in Europe which could prove fatiguing for them.

I’d feel ok fighting it out with them, Leeds and Everton to avoid 18th. Despite a spirited performance yesterday, I think Saints are too far gone, and I can’t see Forest turning things round either.

Just now, Wymsey said:

Am most concerned about Forest potentially picking up some points soon, as they have some games that could be favourable to them.

Brighton, Brentford, Southampton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace. 

I think they lose all of them barring Southampton and Palace. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Brighton, Brentford, Southampton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace. 

I think they lose all of them barring Southampton and Palace. 

They're shocking away from home no way they get anything at sellhurst Park 

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Bournemouth v West Ham tomorrow.

I think Bournemouth on 33 points with 7 games to go have more or less done enough to get themselves out of it, so I want them to pump West Ham to leave them three points ahead of us with a worse GD.

Hammers are also still going in Europe which could prove fatiguing for them.

I’d feel ok fighting it out with them, Leeds and Everton to avoid 18th. Despite a spirited performance yesterday, I think Saints are too far gone, and I can’t see Forest turning things round either.

or you hope that they pull away and by the time we play them they are fully focused on europe.

They’ve struggled but they are miles better than some of the other clubs in this fight and I wouldn’t be comfortable in an us or them scenario 

They remind me a bit of us from last season. they have the quality to pull together wins but with europe they haven’t been able to pick up momentum 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2