Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They spent that long reviewing that "handball"!

I think it depends on whether they thought the Wolves player flicked it on from close range. If he hadn't, or they thought he hadn't, it probably gets given.

Very odd moment as nobody appealed at the time and suddenly we had a VAR check. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think it depends on whether they thought the Wolves player flicked it on from close range. If he hadn't, or they thought he hadn't, it probably gets given.

Very odd moment as nobody appealed at the time and suddenly we had a VAR check. 

Really don't like how stadium fans have absolutely no idea what's going on. 

But you're right, no one appealing yet the length of time spent on the review is mad 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Breaking rules when it suits them again I see. 

There are no EFL games that day and most non leagues will be completed by then. Not a major issue and far better than the Monday Nights we have to suffer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really don't like how stadium fans have absolutely no idea what's going on. 

But you're right, no one appealing yet the length of time spent on the review is mad 

don’t worry the people watching on the tv were none the wiser either 

3 hours ago, Corky said:

There are no EFL games that day and most non leagues will be completed by then. Not a major issue and far better than the Monday Nights we have to suffer.

It’s happened plenty of occasions before; just the games were Bundesliga 

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ashley Williams and Jermaine Defoe. We're really scraping the barrell on pundits tonight

I would think, ALL PL/Championship ex-players  have the actuall right to be on any football show including MOTD….What gives you the God given right to get snobbish or uppity about it…

The above mentioned have collected enough experience of the game in their career paths…:dunno:. Without the discrimination & certain preferences Defoe could well of led the English line. He was as good & fast  as Owen..!

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Breaking rules when it suits them again I see. 

Really…does it make a difference NOW..!
Since they have mucked around sinceTV Sport got their teeth into it…

I despise the fact, they show live PL games across the world,but one can’t pull any chosen game up, within the UK/Europe .( fk the rules).

All these broadcasting rules can be changed anytime, like they are doing with this..

7 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Are West Ham and Bournemouth still in it? Bournemouth lose today, and we beat Leeds, they're only two points above us with a shocking goal difference. Does a draw work best today, or does that take both out of sight?

Bournemouth have an easier run in & should be safe. 
West Ham could easily be dragged into the mire…..awful games ahead & Europe to focus on too. 

13 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Bournemouth v West Ham tomorrow.

I think Bournemouth on 33 points with 7 games to go have more or less done enough to get themselves out of it, so I want them to pump West Ham to leave them three points ahead of us with a worse GD.

Hammers are also still going in Europe which could prove fatiguing for them.

I’d feel ok fighting it out with them, Leeds and Everton to avoid 18th. Despite a spirited performance yesterday, I think Saints are too far gone, and I can’t see Forest turning things round either.

25% of the Southampton points total came from victories against us.....madness really

43 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Are West Ham and Bournemouth still in it? Bournemouth lose today, and we beat Leeds, they're only two points above us with a shocking goal difference. Does a draw work best today, or does that take both out of sight?

I was thinking a draw is probably best keep as many teams as close as possible for as long as possible. We still have our own work to do regardless though.

Edited by Beachyboy

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I was thinking a draw is probably best keep as many teams as close as possible for as long as possible.

With West ham still to play last game of the season I'd rather be going into that with them safe should we need points.