Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

32 minutes ago, TheStig said:

25% of the Southampton points total came from victories against us.....madness really

An over 20% of our total is against Wolves, some times teams just have teams they like playing against. Liverpool at home isn't the worst fixture for us, especially if they are a bit adrift of CL places.

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

With West ham still to play last game of the season I'd rather be going into that with them safe should we need points. 

You can easily flip that argument and say if Bournemouth still needed something on the last day they give Everton more of a game. I'd say the lower the points total needed the better for us, an either team taking 3 points today probably raises the total needed.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

You can easily flip that argument and say if Bournemouth still needed something on the last day they give Everton more of a game. I'd say the lower the points total needed the better for us, an either team taking 3 points today probably raises the total needed.

It's in our own hands now though so I'd rather the teams we play have nothing to play for :dunno:

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's in our own hands now though so I'd rather the teams we play have nothing to play for :dunno:

I think looking at what Bournemouth and West Ham have done the last couple weeks, an the fact they aren't quite where Wolves are, they will both have a bit to play for. I do take your point though, I think the last 10 mins yesterday would of been a lot more difficult if Wolves were 6 points worse off.

Watched extended highlights of both Everton and Notts Forest games. Notts Forest are a very route one team. Lots of long throws into the box and lots of hit and hope football, and very little actual creativity. It's all about results now so I guess anything goes but it's very ugly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Also if we're within 3 of West Ham for this game then it's a team we can jump above with a win. No relying on results elsewhere.

Could argue it either way and there's still so much football between now and then.

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

Watched extended highlights of both Everton and Notts Forest games. Notts Forest are a very route one team. Lots of long throws into the box and lots of hit and hope football, and very little actual creativity. It's all about results now so I guess anything goes but it's very ugly. 

It does seem like they either boot it long for Johnson to chase or rely on Gibbs-White to drag them through games, but I can't say I've taken any time to properly watch them

58 minutes ago, Koke said:

Seemed to trouble Liverpool though, so it was relatively successful. 

As for Everton, i can't even see how they're a Burnley-esque Dyche team. It's like everyone associated with the club knows their doom is imminent. They're all resigned to it more than we were for our situation. 

I wasn't sure which side of the fence to stand on for Newcastle vs Tottenham, like picking between two horrendous venereal diseases. 

But listening to the amount of fvcking gushing over Newcastle during the build up I absolutely hope Tottenham stuff em. Jesus Christ.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wasn't sure which side of the fence to stand on for Newcastle vs Tottenham, like picking between two horrendous venereal diseases. 

But listening to the amount of fvcking gushing over Newcastle during the build up I absolutely hope Tottenham stuff em. Jesus Christ.

I've seen Eddie Howe do about three pre match interviews.

South Coast Brendan.