Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Baffles me people can look at our team and look at Tottenham's and think that we lack the quality to be higher up the table.

Their front three are obviously great but the rest of their team is just horrific. I wouldn't take any of their back four or any of their midfield over their equivalents in the team we put out yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Baffles me people can look at our team and look at Tottenham's and think that we lack the quality to be higher up the table.

Their front three are obviously great but the rest of their team is just horrific. I wouldn't take any of their back four or any of their midfield over their equivalents in the team we put out yesterday. 

I don't think Newcastles teams that brilliant either mind. Shows you what good coaching, an getting the best out of the players you have, as well as sensible recruitment can do. That finish from Joelinton no chance is he doing that 12-18 months ago 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't think Newcastles teams that brilliant either mind. Shows you what good coaching, an getting the best out of the players you have, as well as sensible recruitment can do. That finish from Joelinton no chance is he doing that 12-18 months ago 

Massively. I see Newcastle as the opposite of us this season.

On paper, our best eleven and their best eleven? I'd honestly probably take ours, I think it's only recency bias and people's view of form that would skew that. I'm not suggesting they have no players that'd get in our team but I do maintain we've still got the better squad.

But where as we've had a manager spend most of the last 18 months slowly undermining the confidence of the squad and draining their morale, they've got one who's really lifted them up. There's also a lot to be said for the impact of momentum on a league season, I mean look at our title winning year. As much as I think our team was vastly under-rated in 15/16 and that "miracle" is a borderline offensive term, we also probably shouldn't have been able to win the league by 10 points on balance. Our momentum and the way it lifted the whole club, from the fans to the players, was a big part in the success and I think Newcastle are seeing that this year. At the same time, we're in a malaise that's dragged the whole club in to a slump of low mood.

• Like 3