Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

56 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Let’s hope Brighton get over this,  they still have to play Forest , Everton and Southampton!

Bit worried they'll be exhausted after ET and pens tonight and they have to play against F*rest as soon as Wednesday night. Obviously Man U get an extra day off and play on Thursday. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

We're probably the last fan base who can justify pointing fingers. MON? NP?

Oh I totally agree that a section of our fanbase have a weird fetish about MON and NP like they’re the second comings of Christ. It’s all a bit odd.

Poch won nothing at spurs and never came close really. He may have been the gaffer when they happened to get good but Ranieri did that for us and we don’t even sing songs for him 7 years on

• Like 1

A couple of seasons ago we were asked where was good to park by a couple of Spurs fans. They parked close to us and walked up to the ground with us. They completely slated Pochettino all the way from the car to the ground. We were surprised because we thought they all worshipped him. Apparently not.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 15/04/2023 at 14:00, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

@Chocolate Teapot your posts about Emery when he got the Villa gig have aged like milk my brother 

That Rodgers is a better manager than him? Still think he is tbh particularly over a 3 year period - if Emery gets Villa 3 consecutive top 8 finishes then it's worth discussion. He left Arsenal in a right mess - no doubt Villa are flying at the moment although they were lucky to get a point on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

That Rodgers is a better manager than him? Still think he is tbh particularly over a 3 year period - if Emery gets Villa 3 consecutive top 8 finishes then it's worth discussion. He left Arsenal in a right mess - no doubt Villa are flying at the moment although they were lucky to get a point on Saturday.

But by that logic... Rodgers left Liverpool and us in a right mess? Game of opinions and all that but I know who I'd rather have!

I've left games early, like ten minutes, 15 at most if it's so bad. But 20 minutes I'm not sure, even if your losing 0-5 I'd still wanna get my money's worth. 

On Spurs themselves surprised the players have not clubbed together to agree to refund the fans, cause that was embarrassing yesterday. 

Seem to recall Wigan Athletic losing away 0-4 at Chelsea, despite the Wigan players not even earning half the Chelsea starting XI they still felt ashamed about the performance and agreed to give refund to supporters. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

But by that logic... Rodgers left Liverpool and us in a right mess? Game of opinions and all that but I know who I'd rather have!

Not sure he left Liverpool in a right mess, left them in the state he found them in sandwiched with a season where they almost won the league. Also had his best player sold and not replaced - not without his faults for sure.

With us I think the dof gets away with a lot of it - he's meant to manage the squad and that's been our biggest downfall imo.

As for emery he's doing a good job as I said but it's a very short period of time to assess him.