Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Seen a lot of sour Everton fans on Twitter blaming the linesman for Godfrey's injury. Ridiculous.

He's played the ball back 30 yards and Pickford has almost kept it in. In real time it was impossible to tell if he'd kept it in, and that was with the benefit of a great TV angle. 

The linesman was probably still catching up from Godfrey's wild back pass. 

Anyway it was his own fault for flying into the challenge like he always does.

This is why I typically avoid Twitter.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, StonyFox said:

Surprised to see Wolves ahead of Leeds and Everton there. By all accounts they were unlucky not to get something at Leeds and I think Everton are really going to struggle this season. Noe of their signings have been great (including two from a relegated team) and they've sold their best player having only just stayed up last season.

Well the bookies usually know mate don’t they? Hence Bet365 making another gazillion quid profit this year.

Everton’s could be based upon the thought they’ll now go out and sign another striker (they absolutely need to).

Though I like Southampton as a club, I think they seem value for relegation.

Though, it’s very very early days! Of course

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah. You pretty much know the Bournemouth squad. I’m not having that a team with Phillip Billing playing every week is going to do a lot.

Whereas with Forest, we’ll not know whether they are going to gel or not.

As indicated by the relegation odds.

Leicester btw have come down from 17/1 last week to be relegated.

Now at 9’s

F4EFF385-9A4F-4499-9195-C0BD675B506A.png

Billing is better than Jack Colback though 😂

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Billing is better than Jack Colback though 😂

My gran is better than Colback!

And she’s been dead going on 15 year..

Edited by Col city fan

11 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Seen a lot of sour Everton fans on Twitter blaming the linesman for Godfrey's injury. Ridiculous.

He's played the ball back 30 yards and Pickford has almost kept it in. In real time it was impossible to tell if he'd kept it in, and that was with the benefit of a great TV angle. 

Agree. Goes in to hurt opponents more times than not. 

34 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Exactly this. They'll blame anyone but their own player. 

47 minutes ago, kenny said:

Most of their signings are under £10m.

For that to work in the current market, it would take genius levels of scouting.

Awoniyi and Henderson will do OK I think, but one goes back on loan and the other doesn't hang around if they go down and he has a half decent season. 

Lingard will be looking for a new club and check out if they're anywhere near relegation by March, and the rest look bang average. If Johnson looks half decent, he'll be snapped up by a lower Prem club. 

They could end up going down with a weaker squad than they one they came up with- they arguably have that now without Spence and Zinckernagel. 

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I wouldn’t go mad on Forest yet. They will

make a lot of their home games. It’s a huge gamble by them however this multiple signings. Their eleven today look very light of outright quality. They did this when the Greek first arrived and it set them back three years. 

The CG could be a double-edged sword for them, I think. I wouldn't want to go there early doors as the place will be rocking and probably like a twelfth man, but could turn absolutely poisonous during a 0-6 home defeat to Man City that puts them bottom. I remember the same happening to Sunderland when they didn't win at home for 12 months.

i’m sure someone can answer this, but has a single new signing come in and made a huge impact yet other than zinchenko , who wasn’t much of a surprise. 

Maybe new signings aren’t all their cracked up to be 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m sure someone can answer this, but has a single new signing come in and made a huge impact yet other than zinchenko , who wasn’t much of a surprise. 

Only 1 game in mate lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Cooper will be sacked by Marinakis before the start of the World Cup. 

He knows it also. Unless he's just came out of a cave and he doesn't have a clue who Marinakis is. 

Coopers face before kick off, he knew what was going to happen, think he's quite astute but he isn't a miracle worker, he's probably being given the players to work with and told to get on with it

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean, Liverpool's new lad scored and set up the other goal...

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Coopers face before kick off, he knew what was going to happen, think he's quite astute but he isn't a miracle worker, he's probably being given the players to work with and told to get on with it

There's also the option for him to resign but all these managers almost never do it because the only thing that care about is the money from compensation when they're sacked. 

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

There's also the option for him to resign but all these managers almost never do it because the only thing that care about is the money from compensation when they're sacked. 

Why would he resign when he's just got promoted against all odds and has a chance to manage in the Premier League?

"Oh I don't think we're a solid mid table outfit instantly, I'm off."

What a nonsense thing to say. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

leeds could have a decent season actually. Southampton are the ones who are really looking in trouble.  

best way to work it out, is genuinely think who you’d be really confident in beating. 

southampton probably would be the game i’d be most confident about 

Yeah, no way Leeds are fighting relegation but the need to denigrate anything involving an American manager is so strong that some will he beating that dead horse until long after they’ve been proved wrong by the table.

As I said earlier, their back four is the issue.  They have plenty of attacking talent (and we’re missing several yesterday due to injury), and Meslier is a good keeper.  They’re looking at left backs and that would help, but I think they desperately need to upgrade their CB pair.

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Col posting bet365 odds as an indicator of a sides quality and then bemoaning the "FT wums derision" really is art

Cheers Mick!

👍

Edited by Col city fan

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah, no way Leeds are fighting relegation but the need to denigrate anything involving an American manager is so strong that some will he beating that dead horse until long after they’ve been proved wrong by the table.

As I said earlier, their back four is the issue.  They have plenty of attacking talent (and we’re missing several yesterday due to injury), and Meslier is a good keeper.  They’re looking at left backs and that would help, but I think they desperately need to upgrade their CB pair.

Not this again.

You kept saying this last season but it doesnt happen anywhere near as much as you think it does.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Absolutely no way we're getting relegated.

I feel I'm pretty much in control of things this season...

Any team or player I want to do poorly I can just put in my Fantasy team and that's them cursed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1