Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

9 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

That's Forest goal is the kind of luck that we've had absolutely none of this season

Maybe its just the rivalry talking but forest do seem to get an awful lot of luck, it started with their very first home game of the season, still not sure how they won that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Am a bit ambivalent - but you can hate the system that allowed them to get their wealth etc., while still respecting how well they've managed it, I guess? :P 

Fully understand that, dislike the avoiding of the systems in place and the money spent, but the quality of this team is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I really wish fans would stop getting on refs for stopping the game for head injuries. 

By all means, go after any player that's legitimately faking it to delay the game or stop attacks. 

But the ref has to stop it. Not only is it protocol that he'd be in trouble for ignoring, it's good protocol that we absolutely should have. 

Of all the changes in "modern" football that people don't like, changes to offside, handball, var, tackles, etc, one thing we should all be on board with is trying to reduce long term damage from head trauma in sport. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I really wish fans would stop getting on refs for stopping the game for head injuries. 

By all means, go after any player that's legitimately faking it to delay the game or stop attacks. 

But the ref has to stop it. Not only is it protocol that he'd be in trouble for ignoring, it's good protocol that we absolutely should have. 

Of all the changes in "modern" football that people don't like, changes to offside, handball, var, tackles, etc, one thing we should all be on board with is trying to reduce long term damage from head trauma in sport. 

I fully agree we need to be strong on head injuries and making sure those with them get the correct treatment. 

Where I think a lot of the frustration comes (for me personally at least) is that many of these injuries we see the game stopped for aren't head injuries, are simply players sitting down holding their face knowing the game will be stopped and momentum cut. 

Fair play, refs have to stop the game at any suspicion of a head injury for safety, it's the exploiting of this that pisses me off at least 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I fully agree we need to be strong on head injuries and making sure those with them get the correct treatment. 

Where I think a lot of the frustration comes (for me personally at least) is that many of these injuries we see the game stopped for aren't head injuries, are simply players sitting down holding their face knowing the game will be stopped and momentum cut. 

Fair play, refs have to stop the game at any suspicion of a head injury for safety, it's the exploiting of this that pisses me off at least 

I think I covered that in my post tbf. I understand players absolutely will abuse it and they should get dogs abuse all day long. 

But as soon as the refs think a player has had a head injury they have to stop it. They don't really have much choice.

They're victims of the behaviour as much as anyone else. Don't blame the victim, blame the **** doing it. 

I'm all for booing relentlessly just don't abuse the ref over it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think I covered that in my post tbf. I understand players absolutely will abuse it and they should get dogs abuse all day long. 

But as soon as the refs think a player has had a head injury they have to stop it. They don't really have much choice.

They're victims of the behaviour as much as anyone else. Don't blame the victim, blame the **** doing it. 

I'm all for booing relentlessly just don't abuse the ref over it. 

I guess it probably comes from fans not trusting injuries at all these days, the amount of faking we see, explains fans getting on the refs back. 

Your post did cover it tbf, I think there should be punishments for the faking