Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is just some hippy rubbish though isn't it. 

I can't control global warming, critical overpopulation or the voting behaviour of western society being heavily influenced by bad actors on social media but those things obviously worry me

I'm obviously worried about how Southampton, Everton, Forest and Leeds do in their remaining games. 

You are as well, you're just trying to act composed so you don't look like a foxestalk nut job. 

Of course you can, do your bit at least, what a ridiculous statement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Would you say the same if they fought hard and lost? They go a whole one point above us with an extremely poor GD

I don't mean this as a personal attack, I think you're a great poster and I agree with a lot of your posts, but this is a silly post. 

If they ran around a lot and put in a lot of effort and that effort wasn't enough for them to score goals and beat teams then obviously I wouldn't be worried. 

But they're working their socks off, their tails are up, they're fighting, they look like they believe and the sum total of that is they've scored two goals against a decent Brighton side that they're currently beating. 

Meanwhile we struggled to create anything against a Leeds side that are looking to create records for conceding goals and put nowhere near this effort or belief in to our performance. 

So yeah, if they weren't winning I'd be less bothered. But to quote a great man, if my grandma had wheels she'd be a bicycle. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

We'll probably be bottom 3 after everyone has played so yes we need favours from other teams. 

We can’t have the mentality of other teams will dig us out of the shit (whether that is fact or not). We need to pick the points up ourselves starting with 3 points against Everton. There’s no other way out of this given recent results we’ve seen, it’s so unpredictable. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Folk forget Leeds have a terrible run of games left, genuinely think they have a huge chance of going down 

It is why the point wasn’t too bad, keeps them in it with tough games to go. It is still in our hands

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is just some hippy rubbish though isn't it. 

I can't control global warming, critical overpopulation or the voting behaviour of western society being heavily influenced by bad actors on social media but those things obviously worry me. 

I'm obviously worried about how Southampton, Everton, Forest and Leeds do in their remaining games. 

You are as well, you're just trying to act composed so you don't look like a foxestalk nut job. 

Well when you put it like that there's room for optimism, the world's a disaster and won't continue with all these great issues, when the apocalypse comes relegations irrelevant.

Edited by Beachyboy