Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Cooper will be sacked by Marinakis before the start of the World Cup. 

He knows it also. Unless he's just came out of a cave and he doesn't have a clue who Marinakis is. 

Sacking Cooper would be the stupidest thing they could do. They’re really on a hiding to nothing with so many new people. I can’t think of a single occasion where buying loads of new players has led to instant results (us 2010/11, Man City 2009/10, even Wrexham in the national league). They are going to struggle, their team is man for man worse than the one that came up last year. Their only hope is to pick up enough points so that come January/February they’re still competitive and might put a run together. 

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m sure someone can answer this, but has a single new signing come in and made a huge impact yet other than zinchenko , who wasn’t much of a surprise. 

Maybe new signings aren’t all their cracked up to be 

Nunez for Liverpool? He changed the game yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Looks like we may have passed the “wank at set pieces’ baton to Villa (please, please, please. :fc: )

Our new set piece coach will turn up in three weeks. He’ll be on it! 

Southampton look ****ing shit. I really am not concerned at all this season. I think from 8th down could possibly be one of the worst crop of teams we’ve had for some time. Relegation may not be as clean cut as we think for some clubs. 

Worth remembering the early start to the season too. Some teams might not quite be there yet and might start to gel a bit over the next few weeks or so. 

Having said that I really think there are a good 6-8 teams worse than us even if we have a below par season. And I don't get why teams such as Villa get hyped up when they've been generally shite aside from a boost immediately after Gerrard joined.

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah, no way Leeds are fighting relegation but the need to denigrate anything involving an American manager is so strong that some will he beating that dead horse until long after they’ve been proved wrong by the table.

As I said earlier, their back four is the issue.  They have plenty of attacking talent (and we’re missing several yesterday due to injury), and Meslier is a good keeper.  They’re looking at left backs and that would help, but I think they desperately need to upgrade their CB pair.

What had it got to do with the nationality of their manager? 
Leeds are a poor side, who beat another poor side yesterday. They will absolutely be in a relegation fight this season - they were last year and in my opinion have a weaker squad than last seasons squad.

They might be okay, as there are 6-8 sides who will struggle this season. Their home form will be key.

Not sure why you think anyone who criticises Leeds is having a go at their manager. The PL has players and managers from almost every country in the world - might be time to take the chip of your shoulder.

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Give me a buck for every Ted Lasso joke on here and I could happily retire.

I'd have thought being on Dennis Praet's payroll, you'd be able to retire anyway pretty soon? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So these bets/opinions on us going down are based on us not signing anyone? It's not like we've a relegation squad. We'll not make top 6 but we're not going down. We might not have brought anyone in but we've got a solid team. Football's changed hasn't it?  You've got to win away and the transfer market has become higher profile. 

• Like 1

Has anybody seen that video of Saint-Maximin giving a Newcastle fan a Rolex after the game yesterday? The guy acted like he'd just given him a £5 note. 'Oh thank you' lol

Probably can't tell the time in Newcastle :ph34r:

Edited by foxfanazer

Guest Kopfkino

Got it on in the background and Brighton have been excellent and McTominay could easily have been sent off.

The rot at Man Utd is so deep, they’ve got to do something like Arsenal, almost gut it and start again with a heap of decent youngsters