Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We aren't beating Fulham away after struggling to put away a much shitter team in Leeds. 

They're better than Leeds but they're not likely to be as motivated. Their next two games before they play us are Man City at home and Liverpool away, after which their season may well effectively be over. I'd personally much rather have us playing teams like that who are playing for next to nothing than our fellow scrappers who need the points as badly as we do.

• Like 2

If we go down then we will have deserved it. If we pull it off I think next season will be a real struggle with Maddison, Cags and Tielemans all off and Vardy now past it. Might be best to re build in Championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's a game forest were always going to win. We just need to best Everton. 

Even if we do I can see us getting beaten in the next three matches after and then getting, at best, a point against West Ham. We're pretty much relying on a lottery now.

We knew it would go to the wire and the West Ham game.

Just hope West Ham dont need anything themselves and save themselves for their European trophy.

We MUST beat Everton.

We wont get anything from Liverpool or NewCastle.

Fulham away will be crucial too

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

We are going to have to get a result in one of the Liverpool and Newcastle games. And obviously the 2 before that. We can beat West Ham on the final day but lose them 2 before it and it could be too late. 

I don’t believe anything until it happens..

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

They're better than Leeds but they're not likely to be as motivated. Their next two games before they play us are Man City at home and Liverpool away, after which their season may well effectively be over. I'd personally much rather have us playing teams like that who are playing for next to nothing than our fellow scrappers who need the points as badly as we do.

Yep I can see us getting something there 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

they dont need to win all their games, they just need to finish above us which they are currently on track for

Sure, but it's quite clearly close and not a foregone conclusion like many are making out.

• Like 1

Results over last 2 nights will drag Bournemouth back near the jaws of the championship. We’ve just got to beat Everton and hope they don’t beat Newcastle tomorrow. Let’s be honest we’ll have had 48 hours more rest so no excuses. 

1 minute ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Leeds was our easiest fixture and we ****ed it. I think it's game over for us unfortunately.

No no no no no.

Everton and West Ham games VERY winnable.

Fulham away is a massive chance too as they aren’t playing for anything and were absolutely DIRE against Villa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Hope the bookies are right but forest 5/1 tonight.

I hope people lumped on, crazy price.  My only regret about this was I didnt play another in play bet on forest after brighton took the lead.

Just now, oxtonfox said:

Results over last 2 nights will drag Bournemouth back near the jaws of the championship. We’ve just got to beat Everton and hope they don’t beat Newcastle tomorrow. Let’s be honest we’ll have had 48 hours more rest so no excuses. 

Surely Newcastle won’t lose that? They need the wins for the top four….. surely? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We’re going to run out of games. If Smith had 15 games in charge we’d be fine. Got to beat Everton and Fulham.

We've been sleepwalking to relegation since May, whatever happens if he can take it to the last day of the season, an put up a fight that will be something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

If we go down then we will have deserved it. If we pull it off I think next season will be a real struggle with Maddison, Cags and Tielemans all off and Vardy now past it. Might be best to re build in Championship.

That may not be too easy as well. If Everton and Southampton go down with us then as you say it will be difficult to come straight  back up.