Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

If we go down then we will have deserved it. If we pull it off I think next season will be a real struggle with Maddison, Cags and Tielemans all off and Vardy now past it. Might be best to re build in Championship.

Absolutely we will have deserved it. But can we stop with the whole 'best to get relegated to rebuild thing' - the gulf between top 2 divisions is bigger than any and the Championship is such a tough division - go down and we risk another decade there...

17 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

We probably needed to win against Leeds. Can't keep dropping points and saying the next match is the real must win.

Not disagreeing with that and I didn’t say that either. We’ve gotta get as many points as we can. Some results won’t go our way. Trying to hope everyone else loses simply wasn’t going to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Doesn't the same logic apply to us? We have also won 1 game since the 11th Feb.... 

Oh absolutely, and we're not gonna breeze through all of our games either. I'm not even saying we'll stay up. I'm just saying that at this stage it is far from over for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Coming around to the idea that Saints winning tomorrow might not be a bad thing as it puts Bournemouth back in it 

I thought this. Bournemouth then got Leeds on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, StevieH said:

If we go down then we will have deserved it. If we pull it off I think next season will be a real struggle with Maddison, Cags and Tielemans all off and Vardy now past it. Might be best to re build in Championship.

We will deserve it no thanks to Rodgers. How can you go on losing sequences of six in a row (start of season) then 1 point from 27 from February to mid April. with a home defeat to Blackburn in the cup aswell and deserve to stay up? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Is it easier to get away tickets in the championship?

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know this sounds petty but this shit of 4 Monday games on the trot when everyone around has already played is fvcked up. We’re piss poor at the best of times under pressure but this will add to it. Really think we’re done for. 

We are probably underdogs in 3/4 of those games which usually helps us.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

They're better than Leeds but they're not likely to be as motivated. Their next two games before they play us are Man City at home and Liverpool away, after which their season may well effectively be over. I'd personally much rather have us playing teams like that who are playing for next to nothing than our fellow scrappers who need the points as badly as we do.

Phsyco-analysing our way to safety won’t do it…

Because of last night & tonight’s results puts us in that bloody horrible situation and on shitstreet,where we are in that must dimension…because Forest proved they can turn any opponent, meaning the others also can..

No fixture now is ‚0‘ points guaranteed for our fellow relegation candidates..

least points needed 9..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Need Southampton to beat Bournemouth tomorrow,  then Bournemouth to beat Leeds at the weekend,  followed by us beating Everton. 

Now, Where's those straws?

How does Bournemouth losing to Southampton and then beating Leeds help us?

You'd want Bournemouth to win both if they are winning any.

• Like 1

Need Southampton to beat Bournemouth tomorrow,  then Bournemouth to beat Leeds at the weekend,  followed by us beating Everton. 

Soton v Bournemouth surely a draw please ?

don’t want anyone around us winning 

• Like 1

Sounds like Cambiasso. If I recall he came up with a scenario and set of possible scores with Pearson and the team in the great escape season. That was after the Spurs 4-3 loss and before the West Ham 2-1 win that started it. 

• Like 1

I do think from watching last night's game, we don't really look like we can break a low block down, it was a struggle when we were playing well. Teams like Newcastle/Liverpool maybe even to a lesser extent Fulham will have more possession and allows us to play on the counter attack a bit more, if Terry has the defence organised, I fancy our chances more in the tougher on paper games than against Everton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Phsyco-analysing our way to safety won’t do it…

Because of last night & tonight’s results puts us in that bloody horrible situation and on shitstreet,where we are in that must dimension…because Forest proved they can turn any opponent, meaning the others also can..

No fixture now is ‚0‘ points guaranteed for our fellow relegation candidates..

least points needed 9..

You may be right, but next game we have is our last shot at doing damage to fellow strugglers. After that we’re relying on favours and if we don’t win, we’ll need Mark Selby style snookers.