Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Can't see us getting to 37 points. I reckon 35 would be a reasonable return from where Smith took over, would require us to get a couple of wins. A draw on top of that would make 36 and give us a good chance I think, especially with our goal difference.

Obviously depends where we get the wins though. Beating Everton could potentially put us 4 ahead of them and I think they'd struggle to get past us from that position with 5 to play.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Although Moyes will not want to be part of a team that rolls over and possibly sends Everton down.

Maybe he won't. And I don't think players really stop caring at the end of seasons. But they won't and don't have that extra desire when they themselves aren't playing for anything, away from home and all the pleasantries are done and dusted for them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Can't see us getting to 37 points. I reckon 35 would be a reasonable return from where Smith took over, would require us to get a couple of wins. A draw on top of that would make 36 and give us a good chance I think, especially with our goal difference.

Obviously depends where we get the wins though. Beating Everton could potentially put us 4 ahead of them and I think they'd struggle to get past us from that position with 5 to play.

Would be 4 to play after that. 

Lampard with some sour grapes saying Brentford had one shot but scored 2 goals .

Looks like Moyes is after an apology from Howard Webb.

As we all know handballs are a bit of a lottery as to if they are given or not .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

I think we’ll get wins over Everton and Fulham. 

All rests for me on what we do against Liverpool and West Ham.

It only takes a couple of sides to drop their game and those "tough" run-ins the other teams have won't matter. Brighton should have had that game put to bed tonight with their chances but Forest dug in and despite looking absolute doggo for an hour they got a deflected OG and a penalty to get an undeserved 3 pts. You see it in every run in, someone at the bottom picking off a team mentally on the beach. Let's hope the likes of Newcastle and Spurs still have some fight left in them by the end of May.

• Like 2

Honestly think if luck wasn't a factor Forest would be pushing Derby's 11 points. And if we'd sacked Rodgers when we should've done (February 2022 at the latest) Chelsea would be in with a genuine shout of the drop.

Forest's run-in actually looks a hell of a lot different now they have Man Utd, Liverpool and Brighton out of the way. They have 4 teams with nothing to play for (Brentford, Chelsea, Arsenal*, Palace*) and Southampton at home.

* Will have nothing to play for by the time of their game. Their revolting luck as usual.

Actually think we might both get out of it. I'm edging towards Southampton, Leeds and Everton.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Coming around to the idea that Saints winning tomorrow might not be a bad thing as it puts Bournemouth back in it 

We need Bournemouth to either win both of their games or lose both of them. So they're without a doubt winning one and losing the other.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Honestly think if luck wasn't a factor Forest would be pushing Derby's 11 points. And if we'd sacked Rodgers when we should've done (February 2022 at the latest) Chelsea would be in with a genuine shout of the drop.

Chelsea would possibly be one position closer, they're nowhere near actually going down even if we were above them. 

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

IMO there’s no way we get 37, 36 max, with our GD should be enough to stay up. 

If we manage 36 we’ll have had a touch, 34/35 seems much more realistic. 

I don't think setting a target of 8 points from 15 is crazy, if too much I'd rather finish clear on the last day. I bought a ticket to the QPR game thinking it would be a relegation decider, as it turned out QPR were already relegated, an we were safe and battered em 5-1. My point is nobody would of thought we'd get to that total of 42 or whatever it was, aim high.

If you look at our hardest game on paper it's Newcastle away, in our last trip there we were in the game for 60 mins, an now we have a new manager that will give that extra lift, when the games tight. I don't think they blow us away, the Spurs result is more a reflection on them than Newcastle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Lampard with some sour grapes saying Brentford had one shot but scored 2 goals .

Looks like Moyes is after an apology from Howard Webb.

As we all know handballs are a bit of a lottery as to if they are given or not .

Moyes must have a short memory considering the one they got away with against Chelsea earlier in the season.

I don't think I've seen Chelsea look so bad, can't win, can't score, defensively. To be honest they should really be in the relegation dog fight. Those few wins in they had August and September as probably just kept them out of it. Noticed how all the Chelsea shirts have disappeared off the streets. Loyal supporters... my ass. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I don't think I've seen Chelsea look so bad, can't win, can't score, defensively. To be honest they should really be in the relegation dog fight. Those few wins in they had August and September as probably just kept them out of it. Noticed how all the Chelsea shirts have disappeared off the streets. Loyal supporters... my ass. 

Working with a lad from Nottingham that was a Chelsea fan until a couple of weeks ago. Forest through and through all of a sudden 

• Haha 2