Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

At the end of a 38 game season, the three teams who are in the relegation zone deserve to go down. 
Those who finished above don’t deserve to go down. It’s that simple.

Yes, that's why we play a whole 38 games. No other way to decide the best team and worse 3 teams.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf I work with some kids from Coalville and they support Liverpool 

They want an easy life lol. But honest soon as them clubs start to fail, they quickly lose interest. There's a girl in my work place, came in covered in Liverpool gear, lunch box, coat, water bottle.. etc. This last few months that's all disappeared suddenly she claims to support Cov and not bothered about Liverpool.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

At the end of a 38 game season, the three teams who are in the relegation zone deserve to go down. 

I don’t agree. You can be absolutely awful and 3 teams just happen to be even worse. The league isn’t the same quality every year. You can stay up on a lucky refereeing decision that earns 2 points.

We deserve to go down for our incompetence and lack of basic self-preservation. The only thing that saves us is other teams being just as or more pathetic. If we’re lucky.

Of course we could win 4 games and deserve to stay up, but there aren’t many signs to suggest we’ll win more than 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

They want an easy life lol. But honest soon as them clubs start to fail, they quickly lose interest. There's a girl in my work place, came in covered in Liverpool gear, lunch box, coat, water bottle.. etc. This last few months that's all disappeared suddenly she claims to support Cov and not bothered about Liverpool.

Liverpool to Cov is one hell of a pivot, tbf. 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don’t agree. You can be absolutely awful and 3 teams just happen to be even worse. The league isn’t the same quality every year. You can stay up on a lucky refereeing decision that earns 2 points.

We deserve to go down for our incompetence and lack of basic self-preservation. The only thing that saves us is other teams being just as or more pathetic. If we’re lucky.

Of course we could win 4 games and deserve to stay up, but there aren’t many signs to suggest we’ll win more than 1.

If 3 teams are worse then they deserve to go down and not you. We all play everyone home and away and at the end of the day, if you’re one of the three worst teams you go down, if not you don’t.

It really is that simple 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I was talking about our off the field decision making rather than the points total. Other teams have given it a go, Top stuck with that clown until the last possible second, so foolish. 

And that’s not always the case, ghost goal, poor decision making from refs, small margins can mean a small swing in one game means you stay up or go down. It’s easy to say the bottom 3 deserve to go down but Sheff Utd went down and WHU stayed up because of ineligible players playing. 

• Like 1

If we go down ,which is likely,think we should stick with them instead of someone coming here for the money and unproven. A big shake up will happen in the summer and they have the advantage of knowing the ones that'll be  left.Also because  they wanted to come here knowing the predicament we're in ,and didnt want 3yr deals etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

This is a fact based on league regulations. You also need to take into account other factors including luck. If you think Forest deserves to stay up I rest my case. Imo they should have been even below Southampton. I agree football is not fair but this is why we should never use the word "deserve". Do we deserve going down? I doubt it. We might go down but this team is better than Forest's at least. 

8 minutes ago, john ridley said:

If we go down ,which is likely,think we should stick with them instead of someone coming here for the money and unproven. A big shake up will happen in the summer and they have the advantage of knowing the ones that'll be  left.Also because  they wanted to come here knowing the predicament we're in ,and didnt want 3yr deals etc.

Of the five teams at the bottom, the bookies - who tend to look at these things dispassionately - currently consider us the least likely side to go down. That's after Forest's win last night. What makes you think otherwise?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Smith, Shakespeare and Terry all have knowledge of managing/coaching/playing for a side fighting for promotion, too. That experience would be invaluable to what would likely be a young squad in the event of a rebuild in the Championship. 

If we stay up, I wouldn't be against them staying, but I'd like Potter if he's interested. 

THIS predicament is what we all feared and wanted to avoid. Relegation scraps are unpredictable, fraught with all kinds of jeopardy, pit falls, weird results etc

very little is within your control other than scoring goals and winning out games.

WE had plenty of time to avoid this and plenty of opportunities. I don’t even want to think about the dreaded stat of how many games we’ve lost from winning positions or lost in extra time when leading or silly goals conceded to gift the opposition points. Rogers or no Rogers we still should not be where we are. Now it’s in the hands of the football gods. Let’s hope the boys can do the job in these next few games and what will be will be 🙏🏽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john ridley said:

I don’t think we will attract much better if we go down. The only concern i have, is that a club will take a punt on terry as manager and smith without terry isn’t half as good. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Chelsea have managed roughly the same amount of points we have since Tuchel left. That is remarkable.

If we hadn’t gifted them three points last month they would be in the relegation conversation which would be so funny - irrespective that 36 points will be enough, the media would be milking it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think we will attract much better if we go down. The only concern i have, is that a club will take a punt on terry as manager and smith without terry isn’t half as good. 

I may have dreamt it, but hasn't Terry gone on record as saying he isn't interested in managing ? 

I stand to be corrected. 

The more I look at our dire predicament the more I hate Rodgers. How he was allowed to destroy this club unchallenged for so long is a disgrace. Shame on Top.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Spurs fans are tragic…

There is a difference though.  Spurs do Spursy.  Deep down they know they aren't going to win.

Arsenal do Premature Celebration.

Haven't we seen this before ... getting into trophy-lifting mode at the exact same 2/3 mark of the season ?

matchweek 26, 2015-16

arse.JPG.af96837240f6afd2b01c0a23720702cb.JPG

matchweek 26, 2022-23

arseCeleb.JPG.ec1563c97919f9cd63013c4fbad5c138.JPG

... continuing into a run of poor results, while the actual Champions hold their nerve?

Champs.JPG.0b2e1f24225681c12195a973557ace67.JPG

• Like 1