Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Fair play Eddie Howe, I know they are loaded now but he has done a phenomenal job. Also given he has started at the bottom with Bournemouth and took them through the divisions (admittedly with a rich owner) he has I guess proved a lot of people wrong after going stale at Bournemouth. 

The money comments are always thrown around but he's made Mike Ashley players like Longstaff, Joelinton, Almiron and even Jacob bloody Murphy look like world beaters.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

We did give them a big lift with our lost to them. They then beat Spurs and now Southampton. They don’t deserve to stay up but they are.

Well they do deserve to stay up , because they've probably got enough points already,  with 5 games to play.

They also could and should have beaten us by more as we were utter shite, that day

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The danger for Newcastle is they get in a load of players in who don’t fit into what is a very close kint squad playing very well and damage that .

But they will ..

Yeah, but if some signings don't work they'll just sign some others until it all does. It's not like they'll be strapped for cash.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Bournemouth on the beach at the weekend v Leeds then?

Cant be safe on 36 even if we know thats enough. They will want 3 more points to confirm safety.

I would be more concerned about them being on the beach against everton on the last game of the season.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

The money comments are always thrown around but he's made Mike Ashley players like Longstaff, Joelinton, Almiron and even Jacob bloody Murphy look like world beaters.

No doubt a lot of their players have improved under Howe but part of the improvement surely comes from playing alongside players like Guimaraes, Trippier and Botman rather than Shelvey, Krafth and Lascelles. I don't think any of those players would be there if it weren't for the takeover, and even if you want to give sole credit to Howe I don't think he would be either.

I looked at the schedule, and was wondering why we are playing at 3pm on 8 May.

Didn't know that day was a holiday?  Apparently a bank holiday in England for the coronation of King Charles.

Huh.  Learn something new every day.

I think Newcastle need 4 points for CL, seeing as Spurs play Liverpool Sunday, an Villa and Spurs play at each other. They have 4 games before they play us CL will be secured for them. They may be playing for 3rd/4th, but I think there will be a big celebration when they secure it.

Edited by Beachyboy