Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, Sly said:

The big question is, will Arsenal finish 3rd, in a two horse race? 

No!

On 18/01/2023 at 12:49, Bordersfox said:

Thought it was an excellent series.  Is it still worth reading the books?  It's one of those I wish I had read the books prior to seeing the series.  

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we need at least one man city slip up from now until the end of the season.  you just know if they go to forest when it’s wrapped up that forest will get the 3 points 

Not sure this Man C team will put the brakes on, Haaland wants goals when Stones scored against us after 5minutes whilst congratulating Stones he was also G’ing his team mates up to go again much like Evans did for us against Southampton, they want records they will finish strong I’m sure.

4 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

out of all the established professional  leagues in Europe possibly the most uncompetitive in terms of winning now will be five out of the last six seasons 

In terms of winning, fair point. But Its not really uncompetitive though. They've needed to win with 100 points or on GD. They've been pushed all the way. Yes they've created a dynasty but it's not like they've been wrapping up league titles in March. I'd say the Premier League title races have been quite competitive. Man City have just been the best.

• Like 3

Just now, Koke said:

In terms of winning, fair point. But Its not really uncompetitive though. They've needed to win with 100 points or on GD. They've been pushed all the way. Yes they've created a dynasty but it's not like they've been wrapping up league titles in March. I'd say the Premier League title races have been quite competitive. Man City have just been the best.

5/6

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we need at least one man city slip up from now until the end of the season.  you just know if they go to forest when it’s wrapped up that forest will get the 3 points 

You reckon? I think this Man City team, playing for fun, with the league wrapped up, would be terrifying. They could put ten past half the teams in the league, if not almost all of them. It'd be Harlem Globetrotters stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

You reckon? I think this Man City team, playing for fun, with the league wrapped up, would be terrifying. They could put ten past half the teams in the league, if not almost all of them. It'd be Harlem Globetrotters stuff.

They're talking about Arsenal, not man city, going to forest and crumbling 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

FA suggesting that teams providing more minutes to English players to be eligible to buy more foreign players.

English players will be even more over priced 

that doesn't even really make any sense? like it's completely self defeating. if you want to get more minutes for English players, set a minimum limit in the match day squad 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Watching Man City and Liverpool go for it has been amazing. The fact Liverpool have finished on 92 points and 97 points and still not won the league is incredible. Klopp and Pep are great and both clubs won't be as successful when they leave.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Couldn’t get my head around that 

sticking with spurs for all these years and then going to your hated rivals 

wouldnt have thought levy would countenance that move 

Especially when they're doing crap. Surely he has to go to Manchester United in the summer? 

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Not sure this Man C team will put the brakes on, Haaland wants goals when Stones scored against us after 5minutes whilst congratulating Stones he was also G’ing his team mates up to go again much like Evans did for us against Southampton, they want records they will finish strong I’m sure.

4 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

sorry lads, you would be absolutely right. But it’s Arsenal that i meant. They are away at forest in the penultimate game of the season so, if man city have already won there’s no chance they get a result. 

Forest might possibly be the luckiest side i’ve ever known.  in terms of decisions, missed chances and simply timing of when they have faced sides. They shouldnt have even got promoted in the first place

You can’t even bemoan the injury’s as they signed 30 odd players so it’s not like they’ve been forced to play kids. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2