Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is his only downfall, as good as he is, he rarely gets a full season. If he did, he would break records left, right and centre.

Yeah exactly, at the start of last season most people (myself included) thought Lukaku would get 25+ for Chelsea - hard to read too much into one game. Like you say though, if he plays 35 games he'll surely break the most goals in a season record.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He may well be a decent player, despite never watching him play, but Everton don't do things cheaply.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62432408

It's going to be a very big season for them, and will definitely test Lampard's managerial credentials.

lol I was wondering why Everton were singing a new keeper when I heard they were signing Onana... whoops.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How do Everton afford to spend so much on signings each season without any kind of success? We had European money to support us but they've had fck all. Is it all purely owner investment? 

They just ignore FFP certainly the old regulations. I believe they are under investigation for it, I’m sure I read that somewhere. The new rules seem to be about wages and although they spend a lot of transfer fees I believe we have a significantly higher wage bill than them which could explain this seasons activity.

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How do Everton afford to spend so much on signings each season without any kind of success? We had European money to support us but they've had fck all. Is it all purely owner investment? 

I assume they just want to keep the club in the league and don't expect to get near Europe. So they can ignore the rules as they won't affect the club for a good while. Either that or they've got some quality sponsorship deals on the go haha

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This season specifically they sold Richarlison for 60m and used that for Onana, McNeil and Tarkowski, plus loan moves for Vinagre and Coady.

Will be interesting to see if that is enough. DCL is out for 3 months and Richarlison kept them up last season. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This season specifically they sold Richarlison for 60m and used that for Onana, McNeil and Tarkowski, plus loan moves for Vinagre and Coady.

Will be interesting to see if that is enough. DCL is out for 3 months and Richarlison kept them up last season. 

It's a shame we can't even use the loan market as well. Must say I forgot about the Richarlison sale lol

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

It's a shame we can't even use the loan market as well. Must say I forgot about the Richarlison sale lol

I think we may see some loan to buy next summer deals towards the end of the window if we do manage to get some players out. I'm just worried who they might be lol 

Since someone said Tyrone Mings the other day I'm convinced that will now happen lol Also scared we may get one of Evertons unwanted centre backs now..Michael Keane :sweating:

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Twitter account Swiss Ramble, who explained that in five years up to 2020, Chelsea made £434 million from sales. The next highest were Liverpool at £276 million and Everton at £208 million).

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/todd-boehly-wesley-fofana-chelsea-24699022

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think we will use the loan market, like we have done in the last few seasons for Under and Lookman. I also think when push comes to shove at least one more fringe player will leave. Teams always get desperate toward deadline day and pull the trigger. We might even get desperate if we were near the bottom of the table at that time and flog Fofana to buy more players, etc. 

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

Twitter account Swiss Ramble, who explained that in five years up to 2020, Chelsea made £434 million from sales. The next highest were Liverpool at £276 million and Everton at £208 million).

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/todd-boehly-wesley-fofana-chelsea-24699022

Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City are particularly good at getting fees for their fringe players. It helps no end with their turnover as their unwanted academy players all go for £10m + whereas our first teamers are often touted in the press for £20m or so.

Premier league football is fvcked. If you qualify for Europe you need to invest in squad depth. If you dont qualify for Europe anytime thereafter, you end up having a bloated squad.

It's going to get incredibly difficult for any team outside the Sky 6 and soon to be Newcastle to qualify for europe in consecutive seasons as a result moving forward.

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Newcastle have brought out a special one off 4th kit for this weekend as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd all clash with Brighton's home kit. Seems a bit accidental on purpose to me....

alternate-kit-web.jpg.f514c17c8b9298e1df2b6dbff458ab70.jpg

They definitely didn't know what colours Brighton play in until now, obviously.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Newcastle have brought out a special one off 4th kit for this weekend as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd all clash with Brighton's home kit. Seems a bit accidental on purpose to me....

It’s normally their pre match warm up shirt so they haven’t really brought it out especially for this, just gained permission to wear it for the game 

42 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Wouldn't say this clashes less with Brighton home ket than their actual away kit or the Saudi flag kit.

I think the PR line is 'oops, clash' when in reality it's another massive Castore cock up and they've not got they 3rd or away kit yet.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

And to think after they had a mini good spell and went above us for a few weeks before crashing down again some jokers put him forward to replace Rodgers, how lucky are we that jokers sit on forums and not boardrooms

He's done very well with what he's had at his disposal tbh.