Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There is no such thing as luck over 38 games. They have been a better team than us over the course of the season, they’ve beaten the teams around us and picked up the odd home win against better teams, often keeping a clean sheet. 

I tend to agree. Luck is a skill. But they have created dollops of it this season. I suppose 20 odd years worth of luck they have been missing. All dumped into one season.  

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Brentford have been battering Forest. ****ing typical. I still fancy Brentford to win. Forest look awful, just a fluke the goal. 

They will park the bus. Forest will get a result today. 

Who was satisfied with drawing against Leeds?

Edited by Tom12345

10 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Agreed, fed up of the wet wipe fans on here crying about what everyone else is doing. 

The self pity is unbearable.

"The world is against us" attitude. Use it as a siege mentality - unfortunately we've lost that attitude though and its one of many reasons we find ourselves where we do.

We've gotta do stuff for ourselves before asking for favours.

Shame we didn't do something for ourselves far earlier than we did.

Losing to Southampton, twice...we can't blame anyway.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’re not ****ing down, for **** sake. Forest still have some difficult games, as do Leeds. We need to win the next two and focus on us. 

Forest ain’t winning all of their remaining games, probably ain’t winning today either. Brentford have been battering them. They won’t hold out for another 45.

Agreed we're not down but if Forest win today it's surely 3 from 4 as they have Soton at home and Forest's home form is not bad for a side down at the bottom. They win that then that will take them to 36 points which should be enough this season. Like you I believe that ultimately our fate will be decided by what we do, but it's looking like a shootout between 4 teams. 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’re not ****ing down, for **** sake. Forest still have some difficult games, as do Leeds. We need to win the next two and focus on us. 

Forest ain’t winning all of their remaining games, probably ain’t winning today either. Brentford have been battering them. They won’t hold out for another 45.

Mind if I cling onto this? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Agreed we're not down but if Forest win today it's surely 3 from 4 as they have Soton at home and Forest's home form is not bad for a side down at the bottom. They win that then that will take them to 36 points which should be enough this season. Like you I believe that ultimately our fate will be decided by what we do, but it's looking like a shootout between 4 teams. 

It’s going to swing back and forth. Forest could well easily lose to Chelsea and Arsenal, then what? That’s four points dropped? It’s going to be all over the place for the next few weeks, we just need to get a run of form together, and if we do we will be fine. 

Guest Col city fan

Anyone saying that our destiny is in our own hands, it’s blatantly untrue and wishful thinking. We have the unfortunate situation of relying on others results as well as ours.

Forest beating Brentford today is a case in point.

Just now, Buzzell said:

Who cares what everyone else is doing? We just need to concentrate on us and win games. It’s in our hands.

Sorry but I'm not sure how this works? We're in the relegation zone, same number of games as all around us (previous to today), so how is it in our hands? If everyone wins their games including us then we still go down? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Who cares what everyone else is doing? We just need to concentrate on us and win games. It’s in our hands.

I don’t disagree re: we need to win some games - but can you not see that this actively makes it much more difficult? And why folk might not be loving it?

I don’t get why this is so hard to grasp

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wolves playing anyone else in the bottom 5?

Wouldn't trust them at all on this showing. They've given up.

Everton on the penultimate day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone saying that our destiny is in our own hands, it’s blatantly untrue and wishful thinking. We have the unfortunate situation of relying on others results as well as ours.

Forest beating Brentford today is a case in point.

Bloody hell, even me and you agree here brother - we’re definitely doomed now

• Like 1