Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Forest fans saying they'd rather Dean Henderson in goal over Navas

little spoiled jammy c**ts

To be fair, I remember being excited when Sven signed Ricardo (the goalkeeper)... good lord, it was like watching Gary Taylor-Fletcher's Dad put the gloves on. :sweating: 

Reputation means naff all if you're conceding poor goals, and he's let in two today that probably shouldn't have got past him.

Edited by OntarioFox

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers should have gone before the international break. 

Obviously should have been much earlier, but imagine how much difference it would have made for the Palace game, but moreso the Bournemouth game. 

All those who supported him to the bitter end have probably left the country if not the planet. 

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

1. At the point you posted that, if we won every game it wouldn't matter, we'd still get relegated if Forest and Leeds won all of theirs. It was literally not in our own hands. 

2. If your response, predictably, was going to be "but they won't" well no shit but neither will we. 

3. Grow up and stop being so fragile, "boy."

:claudio:

51 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah *if* we do then we *might.* But that’s hypothetical and people would rather direct rivals weren’t picking up unexpected wins before we’ve kicked a ball

What would people rather, 32pts to stay up or 38pts as both are possible?

I see this now as any 2 from 4 stay up. Forest losing in this mini league is massive when they were 10 mins away from getting 3pts.

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Forest losing like that is almost as enjoyable as us winning

To be fair it's almost as important as a win for us in the way it happened. 

A Leeds defeat tomorrow and surely our lot must be absolutely buzzing to get out there Monday.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Can’t underestimate how bad a blow that is for forest. Fantastic for us

Yep. All the hope and confidence they got from Brighton in the week undone in 10 minutes, and they've lost Danilo, Johnson and Williams this week. 

Psychologically it could be devastating and, whatever the results, puts a lot of pressure on them for Southampton next week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm not massively bothered who loses, just that we finish above three of them. That could be huge today but we need to take advantage.

This is it, it's good that they're losing but they're still above us and we have to make sure we do the job. If Bournemouth do Leeds tomorrow it's a massive weekend for us.

40 minutes ago, Hammo said:

On Wednesday I kept looking at updates of the Forest-Brighton score. We know how that ended. And it was bloody torture.

On Thursday and today I decided to get on with other things and not look at the scores until full time. Happy days!

The second strategy not only works. It is also much the healthier option - especially for anyone of a nervous disposition (which is most Leicester City fans at the moment, right?). I highly recommend it.

I did half and half, seen Forest were winning at Half time assumed they'd won and was pleasantly surprised when they had lost.

59 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

About time the spawny bastards 

mind you they still have another 3728 summer signings to pick from 

They seem to be totally deluded in that they dont realise they’re shite . 52% of them on their form thought they were going to win and 38% thought they would draw - collective bunch of absolute twonks 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I disagree. I think there's character and resolve there, just that they were poorly managed. 

If we go down, amongst many other things it'll be down to 

Playing Ward ahead of Iversen. No subs v Brentford opening day. Falling out with Cags. Not playing Kels. Not playing Mendy enough. Unable to seemingly coax Soumare into a performance. Many many many poor in game decisions.... I could go on.  

But that’s on a lack of fight from the boardroom level and not being ruthless enough. I can’t think of any manager that has turned it round after 6 straight losses and 7 losses in 8.

Just now, Daggers said:

Forest:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Perfect timing.