Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers should have gone before the international break. 

Obviously should have been much earlier, but imagine how much difference it would have made for the Palace game, but moreso the Bournemouth game. 

The Southampton game gave massive clues, it never felt like we were going to get anything from that game despite having a couple chances. The Leeds game for me was similar, but I only started to have doubts we wouldn't get anything from that game at the 77th minute.

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if i’m southampton, i’d be thinking if we can get a point tomorrow, and we beat forest… we are right back in it. 

nobody’s dead yet 

They could even be a problem if they lose at Newcastle tomorrow.

A shit-or-bust approach with nothing to lose at a team who'll be in the bottom three with them, regardless of results this weekend, and I wouldn't rule them out getting a point.

That alone would be disastrous for Forest given their other games are against Chelsea, Arsenal and Palace.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 1

Just now, Bilo said:

They could even be a problem if they lose at Newcastle tomorrow. A shit-or-bust approach with nothing to lose at a team who'll be in the bottom three with them regardless of results this weekend and I wouldn't rule them out getting a point. That alone would be disastrous for Forest given their other games are against Chelsea, Arsenal and Palace.

We need to stop talking about that Chelsea game like it’s anything other than 3 easy points for Forest if we want to avoid disappointment.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark_w said:

We need to stop talking about that Chelsea game like it’s anything other than 3 easy points for Forest if we want to avoid disappointment.

No chance Chelsea keep losing ad infinitum. Too many good players..the weekly player shuffle is bound to land right soon.  I'd be dreading playing them soon if it was us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

No chance Chelsea keep losing ad infinitum. Too many good players..the weekly player shuffle is bound to land right soon.  I'd be dreading playing them soon if it was us.

Tbf if we had a trip to Stamford Bridge in a fortnight I'd already be bracing myself for the inevitable 5-0 reverse and Chelsea's performance of the season. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

One year before we won the title we were in an even worse position than this!

This season has sucked. Massive incompetence from all at the club to allow this to happen, all starting with the refusal to sign anyone in the summer whilst letting two of our best players go. But I think we fans need to be thankful for good we’ve had it. All that success without being backed by an oil state or oligarch will never be done again. Brighton this season have been magnificent but will still win nothing come May. 

All that said, relegation this season would be completely self-inflicted. If we went down in 2015 it would be because we had a Championship team in terms of quality, but not because of a lack of fight. This time round it won’t be because of quality but because of the lack of character and resolve. 

We're much worse this season than the 14/15 season, we would have to win 4/5 matches to match that season's points total. We're very lucky that there are so many other crap teams at the moment, otherwise we would be dead and buried.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Remember when we were good and Newcastle were tosh, well they always managed a result over us, so surely it should be evened out and we can shithouse a result. 

I mean they didn't always get a result though, only seems like yesterday that Hamza was sticking one in the top corner (0-4 win?)  after yet another win at their place.

38 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Fivethirtyeight says this.

This could change massively if Everton beat us of course, but it seems about right. 

Screenshot_20230429_181925.jpg

That is very generous on West Ham. Their next three are very tough and are back in Europe soon. 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

That is very generous on West Ham. Their next three are very tough and are back in Europe soon. 

Also true. If we get four from our next two games, I would not be shocked to see us beat them on the last day to go above them. Everton and Fulham are pivotal though.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yeah, said this all week whenever pundits are doing their 3 from 5 thing, all West Ham have done is win a couple of tight games. Their run in hasn't changed and Europe gives them a minimum of two extra games with a thin squad.