Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

He hasn’t. They’re not the poorest team in the divisions. Based on budget and the squad he inherited, Southampton should be finishing 12th-14th.

I think you can at best say he’s done about par. But people seriously overrate the job he’s done at Southampton because he’s a disciple of Klopp (same with Arteta being a disciple of Guardiola).

The squad is pretty awful and they were close to going doing before he went in there. Lack of backing, selling a lot of their better players he's done well to steady the ship. I find his job a lot more impressive than potter honestly.

I don't think anybody's overrated him for a while now, it's all potter this potter that now they've all moved on. I think he's a proper weirdo and don't even like him that much, but he has done well there with what he's had at his disposal

Edited by The Horse's Mouth
  • Like 1

Honestly West Ham are in for trouble this season

They've lost 7 players and brought in just 5 when they already had a thin squad. 

They've got just 17 senior outfield players, 4 CBs, one of whom is already out injured until after the WC. All those European fixtures they'd usually have until mid-December to complete are now going to have to be played until the start of November. They shouldn't have gotten away with it last season already but somehow a core of 7-8 players managed to stay fit despite the constant 2-3 day turnarounds

Edited by LFox99

10 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

They've lost 7 players and brought in just 5 when they already had a thin squad. 

They've got just 17 senior outfield players, 4 CBs, one of whom is already out injured until after the WC. All those European fixtures they'd usually have until mid-December to complete are now going to have to be played until the start of November. They shouldn't have gotten away with it last season already but somehow a core of 7-8 players managed to stay fit despite the constant 2-3 day turnarounds

Reckon they'll finish around 12th

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

not sure i agree. The pedigree of player brought in is stronger. We had a big squad but the rotation wasn’t strong enough. If you’ve got 20 solid players you’ll do fine. I’d say they’ve got that 

15 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Gonna be interesting to see how their first 11 get on, all strangers at this rate 

Gonna be interesting to see how sleepy David Brent is going to motivate and bring them all together too. I think it’s going to be a royal **** up 

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Gonna be interesting to see how sleepy David Brent is going to motivate and bring them all together too. I think it’s going to be a royal **** up 

Saw an interview with Cooper the other day, he looks like a man that doesn't agree with what's happening or knows what to do. After Dennis it will be 13 signings and they want more lol

• Haha 1

It's gonna take a couple of months to find his best team for sure. But that is also the time spent acclimatising to the league so maybe they'll emerge with a better team than they would have done any way. 

Edited by The Bear

Can’t fault the effort of the florist chairman 

I reckon many of his purchases will be sealable at a profit if it all goes tits 

I wonder if players agents have been savvy enough to negotiate relegation clauses at buy outs equivalent to the fees forest paid (or even lower) 

Lingard is a pr!ck. When asked his thoughts on those who say he went to Forest for the money, he responds saying he had offers from other clubs with 'life changing' money and turned them down. Mate your a professional footballer on multiple of thousands a week.