Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Never think I would say this, but we probably need 3 CBs on Monday. Everton is too physical for us otherwise. 

I was thinking that earlier, Souttar centre of the 3, to mark Calvert-Lewin... but I think they'll stick to recent formation. Going to be an awful game if we go 1-0 down

Doesn't matter a fvck what happens to Wham. They get through to the final - they want a good run out in prep against us, they don't then they have something to prove, and if they need points they're going to come and try to get them.

We need it wrapped up before the last match of the season. The final match will be a complete lottery.

• Like 3

Okay, who’s ready to do it all again? 
It feels like every day now there are games with a lot riding on them. Today I’ll mainly be a Bournemouth fan, with a side of knock the Saints out Geordies!!

With Man City still having to play West Ham, Leeds and Everton - I wouldn’t mind Fulham sneaking a point and keeping them honest today, although that might be being greedy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It feels like every day now there are games with a lot riding on them. Today I’ll mainly be a Bournemouth fan, with a side of knock the Saints out Geordies!!

With Man City still having to play West Ham, Leeds and Everton - I wouldn’t mind Fulham sneaking a point and keeping them honest today, although that might be being greedy.

Keep them honest? Man City still probably have to win most of their games to win the title. Man City will be going all out in all those matches.

54 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ideal would be Bournemouth and Newcastle wins, maybe a Spurs win v Liverpool to put Liverpool well and truly out of the champions league running by the time we play them. Would settle for a Bournemouth Leeds draw and a Newcastle win.

Reckon Man City won't have won the league before the Everton game, hopefully anyway.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Leeds result doesn’t matter, and it really doesn’t. They’ve got Newcastle and Man City on the horizon, if they win today it’s fine, as they will pick up no points from those two games. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Leeds result doesn’t matter, and it really doesn’t. They’ve got Newcastle and Man City on the horizon, if they win today it’s fine, as they will pick up no points from those two games. 

And if they don't win, which I'm not sure they will, they're in enormous trouble.

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

damn, Wolves look absolutely awful for a team that would win everything if not for the referees

In their defence, Coote was awful for them. He didn’t track or close Gross down for his two goals, he should have scored that chance at 2-0 down, he didn’t pick up Welbeck at the far post nor should he have been beaten at his near post for fourth etc etc……

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

And if they don't win, which I'm not sure they will, they're in enormous trouble.

It’s just prolonging the inevitable…. Regardless of Newcastles and Man City’s status in the league, they will both savage Leeds. Newcastle are just too good, as are City and Leeds can’t defend. One thing Forest taught us yesterday is that most of the teams in the relegation scrap just can’t defend, Forest are playing a dangerous game, they were spent by 80 minutes yesterday and it was inevitable that Brentford would get back into the game. 

We’re unbeaten on two, if we can stretch that to three and look fairly defensively solid on Monday, then we could be looking good for steadily moving away from trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Today feels a little less anxiety provoking after the Notts Forest result. However we could really do with Leeds not winning. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s just prolonging the inevitable…. Regardless of Newcastles and Man City’s status in the league, they will both savage Leeds. Newcastle are just too good, as are City and Leeds can’t defend. One thing Forest taught us yesterday is that most of the teams in the relegation scrap just can’t defend, Forest are playing a dangerous game, they were spent by 80 minutes yesterday and it was inevitable that Brentford would get back into the game. 

We’re unbeaten on two, if we can stretch that to three and look fairly defensively solid on Monday, then we could be looking good for steadily moving away from trouble. 

The advantage for us is that there are more plausible escape routes for us even if we don't win tomorrow. It's more must-win for Everton than us as their fixtures after us are nasty. If we win, we put ourselves two points ahead of Leeds (should they lose today,) two ahead of Forest, four ahead of Everton, and eight ahead of Southampton (again if they lose today.) 

Given our respective run-ins, not only would we have to **** up royally to go down from such a position, at least two of those teams would have to pull something pretty special out of the bag in terms of results.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You’re probably right, I just think if Leeds fail to win tonight and We can get our work done on Monday. Then we go above Forest, Everton and Leeds and it will then be difficult for two of them to get the points on the board to overtake us. 
I don’t see Leeds getting a win again this season, if they don’t win tonight and that almost relegates them. 

• Like 2