Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Of course. Always a bit odd at the end of the season but it is hard to see us getting anything much out of the Fulham, Newcastle and Liverpool matches.

I agree, 1 point max - although Fulham have lots of injuries and nothing to play for. Everton and West Ham are the must wins 

7 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Your faith in Tottenham turning up on the final day when we actually want them to feels seriously misguided.

True but they need at least another win in their previous games before that. Also atmosphere will get dangerously toxic at Spurs "Stadium of Debt". Spurs will have to win this one emphatically. 

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Are we still happy with our point at Elland Road...

No…3pts was the need…

This is a nip and tuck .

Silly , but 3 pts would have been 31pts,and not gasping for a win tomorrow.

Now we have to drag ourselves over Forest & Leeds,then hope some gravy with cottage pie at Fulham..

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, sishades said:

They are still above us. I honestly think that we are one of the worst. I would not be shocked if everton beat us tomorrow, just like they did last year. 

As I said earlier today, this was a Leeds side who were a whisker away from beating us, with Bamford fooking up his late chance.

Leeds are a dreadful side as well!

It’s time our better players absolutely step up tomorrow. Everton are a very very poor side.

Stop DCL and we’ll win.

Just now, jonny_wright said:

I agree, 1 point max - although Fulham have lots of injuries and nothing to play for. Everton and West Ham are the must wins 

I’m not at all concerned about Fulham. I think if we win tomorrow we can beat them. I also fancy us against Liverpool. We could be in a situation where a win against Liverpool will seal it. So with two games to spare we could well be safe. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wouldn't be surprised but who would take it?

Demoralised team, livid fans and four games to play, the next two being Man City and Newcastle.

They could try giving Marsch a 4 year contract

Simple fact of the matter is, the only way up is to win games, not hope everyone else loses, so we need a result against Everton, get a win against them and we stand a very good chance of staying up in my opinion, so really it is all down to whether this side has enough gumption to go and get a win.

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’m not at all concerned about Fulham. I think if we win tomorrow we can beat them. I also fancy us against Liverpool. We could be in a situation where a win against Liverpool will seal it. So with two games to spare we could well be safe. 

Liverpool really just playing for a europa league place, they also don’t travel well at all

Just now, Col city fan said:

As I said earlier today, this was a Leeds side who were a whisker away from beating us, with Bamford fooking up his late chance.

Leeds are a dreadful side as well!

It’s time our better players absolutely step up tomorrow. Everton are a very very poor side.

Stop DCL and we’ll win.

But we had the ball in the net three times. On another day it could have been 1-3….

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes, the onus was on them to win being at home. We collected another point and neutralized them by stopping them taking a 4pt lead on us. 

Win tomorrow and that will be us almost fine, there will be teams around us that don't win another game this season.,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wouldn't be surprised but who would take it?

Demoralised team, livid fans and four games to play, the next two being Man City and Newcastle.

It’s got a Leeds legend with minimal or no football management experience all over it. Like West Ham did with Brooking that time, though I don’t know Leeds well enough to think of an equivalent. Either that or maybe it’s Pardew’s route back into PL management.

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But we had the ball in the net three times. On another day it could have been 1-3….

They were both correctly ruled out though. I’m not sure the disallowed goals are any more relevant than the chances Leeds missed

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Think it’s actually very frustrating 10 more mins with nacho on the pitch I think we would have won. Most frustrating result in a while 

You've got to think the likelihood is that Leeds lose next week at Man city, and Everton lose at Brighton. So therefore we have to go all out for 2 wins V Everton and then Fulham, and we will almost be there. Very winnable games, Fulham with little to play for and some injuries, Everton are just pants and if we show up Monday we should win. 

We should never have been in this position if not for Rodgers being a stubborn tit, Ward in goal for most of the season was disastrous and constantly playing Dan Dan give the ball away man was equally shocking.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I still wasn't overly impressed honestly. Everyone was saying how bad they were but we hardly overwhelmed them. And Bamford could have given them the victory. The boys will really need to pull together to get past Everton.