Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

How do folks view this season’s Premier League ? 
Seems Man City are miles ahead everyone else.

Arsenal gave it a good go. 
Newcastle & Brighton look good. 
Some look very average.
The bottom 5/6 truly awful. 

Maybe answered my own question ! :dunno:

Everyone bar Man City, Newcastle, Brighton and maybe Villa and Brentford seem incredibly flakey mentally.

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think that the large majority of decent managers will be seeing this and staying away from spurs. I think it’s destiny for Brendan to end up there 

This  :brendan_still:   on here, is the equivalent of LevyHead.JPG.42a248f14a389fdf3beefb8540e26e51.JPG on thefightingcock.

Match made in heaven.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Rodgers is the perfect fit for Spurs. Am I wrong to want this to happen so badly. 

To be completely honest, Rodgers would go in there with his brand of bull-shit and turn them round for a season or two. Then, as always, the players would finally see through him, realise he’s got more front than Southend and down-tools.

Oh, and he’d sell Kane and anyone else he deemed to have power and influence.

It’ll be Poch though anyway I’m guessing?

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To be completely honest, Rodgers would go in there with his brand of bull-shit and turn them round for a season or two. Then, as always, the players would finally see through him, realise he’s got more front than Southend and down-tools.

Oh, and he’d sell Kane and anyone else he deemed to have power and influence.

It’ll be Poch though anyway I’m guessing?

I think the rumour is Poch is going to Chelsea? Rodgers at Spuds would be brilliant, but they wouldn't accept a full season of him. 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think the rumour is Poch is going to Chelsea? Rodgers at Spuds would be brilliant, but they wouldn't accept a full season of him. 

Yeah I think you’re right mate. Forgot the Chelsea link 

I agree with people when they say Rodgers would do well somewhere for 2 years, then it'd turn sour, it seems that's how he rolls, but I think he's very selective of his jobs, he likes to go in where a squad is already built for him, we all know first hand he (and/or his staff) can't pick or sign decent players.

Spurs need a rebuild as much as we do and for that reason I actually see him turning the Spurs job down should he be offered it.

I'd love it if he was offered it and accepted it though because I think that's where the "He'll do well for 2 years argument" won't stand up, it'd be a glorious failure on both parts and the media would have no where to stick up for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree with people when they say Rodgers would do well somewhere for 2 years, then it'd turn sour, it seems that's how he rolls, but I think he's very selective of his jobs, he likes to go in where a squad is already built for him, we all know first hand he (and/or his staff) can't pick or sign decent players.

Spurs need a rebuild as much as we do and for that reason I actually see him turning the Spurs job down should he be offered it.

I'd love it if he was offered it and accepted it though because I think that's where the "He'll do well for 2 years argument" won't stand up, it'd be a glorious failure on both parts and the media would have no where to stick up for him.

Spurs with that squad with Rogers as manager would be lucky to finish in the top 10, without Kane and Son under Rogers they'd be in a relegation battle.

• Like 1