Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

11 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

We don’t have one of the top 10 squads in the league. 

You've missed the point though it isn't about the talent of the players but the coach. With a league so competitive the coach according to some analysts is worth 10-20%. Eddie Howe thinks 30%, you don't need to have a top 10 squad to finish in the top 10 as Brentford will prove this year. They have Ben Mee starting for them he isn't a top 10 player.

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

You've missed the point though it isn't about the talent of the players but the coach. With a league so competitive the coach according to some analysts is worth 10-20%. Eddie Howe thinks 30%, you don't need to have a top 10 squad to finish in the top 10 as Brentford will prove this year. They have Ben Mee starting for them he isn't a top 10 player.

That’s a long winded way of saying you disagree and think we have a top 10 squad - which we really don’t. 

We don’t have enough depth in crucial areas of the pitch, but we have a few very talented players in the first choice 11 that could play in a top 6/7 side (Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans). 

1 hour ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Sky discussing potential spurs managers.. Rodgers getting discussed would love to see the reaction on here if that goes ahead!

It won't, Rodgers in contention for jobs like Spurs is in the imagination of thick, deluded journalists and pundits, traditional big 6 teams wouldn't even consider him.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Genuinely makes that Arsenal one from the other week seem not so bad. 

Just seen this on twitter. So sad.

Literally all one of them had to do was high five that lad, stop for a photo, speak to him do anything and it makes his day.

Such self entitlement.

Unfortunately I know a few of our players can be very dismissive as well. 

Not sure if it's the whole way Brendan ran the joint, or covid played a part, but the divide between players and fans seems bigger than ever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Genuinely makes that Arsenal one from the other week seem not so bad. 

We literally have half our squad out of contract in the summer and yet Deano has got them connected to the fans more so than this. Can’t go down with this lot surely 

• Like 1

Where was that Meslier against us? Supporters board can get up in arms about the manager all they want but the Meslier from the last 18 months I remember, is the one that could of done better in 3/4 of Bournemouths goals. He's on a par with Danny Ward for worst gk in the premiership.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Where was that Meslier against us? Supporters board can get up in arms about the manager all they want but the Meslier from the last 18 months I remember, is the one that could of done better in 3/4 of Bournemouths goals. He's on a par with Danny Ward for worst gk in the premiership.

I feel like the last time we were on the right end of an opposition goalie howler was Kante’s goal against Gomes of Watford

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gracia rumoured to be getting sacked 😂😂😂

I did think Leeds would do this. It’s such a Leeds thing to happen! And I hope they do, surely that’s them royally ****ed then? 

Edited by Pliskin

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just seen what Klopp did after Jota scored? A short clip on the news, but did he do that celebration towards the linesman?! Or towards the Spurs bench? 

4th Official

He’s a tool 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just seen what Klopp did after Jota scored? A short clip on the news, but did he do that celebration towards the linesman?! Or towards the Spurs bench? 

It was at the 4th Official, because he didn't like some of the refs decisions in the game and he thought he show how much of a dick he can be. 

I hope the FA charge him for it personally. 

1 minute ago, Milo said:

4th Official

He’s a tool 

Just now, The Bear said:

It was at the 4th Official, because he didn't like some of the refs decisions in the game and he thought he show how much of a dick he can be. 

I hope the FA charge him for it personally. 

Why is he such a twat