Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

Also wasn't really sure which thread to put this in but I find it mad that our last Saturday game of the season was the Wolves game

Played Tuesday then it is Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Sunday

4 Monday games in a row for one team is a disgrace of a schedule honestly 

It is totally unfair in the match going fan, too. I know Fulham is at 3pm but three night matches, including a long round trip, isn't right.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It was at the 4th Official, because he didn't like some of the refs decisions in the game and he thought he show how much of a dick he can be. 

I hope the FA charge him for it personally. 

Should be severely banned from the touchline but we know that won't happen, can't stand the cretin 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

It is totally unfair in the match going fan, too. I know Fulham is at 3pm but three night matches, including a long round trip, isn't right.

Yeah 5 non weekend games in a row is ridiculous, I know there are a couple of bank holidays in there, but a lot of people work bank holidays anyway, you have to expect to put up with some weekday games throughout the year, but 5 in a row when we aren't playing in any other competitions is such a slap in the face to fans

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Torten said:

I feel like the last time we were on the right end of an opposition goalie howler was Kante’s goal against Gomes of Watford

This just reminded me of the one also again Watford with the freak Wood goal from Almunia(?) having a howler lol

Must be something about playing them!

Klopp needs severe punishment after his antics on the touchline and his post match interview. Can’t go saying things like that at a referee in public. 

Also had a dig at Mason who made a valid point about the high foot 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, studentofthegame said:

Also wasn't really sure which thread to put this in but I find it mad that our last Saturday game of the season was the Wolves game

Played Tuesday then it is Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Sunday

4 Monday games in a row for one team is a disgrace of a schedule honestly 

Since when has the tv scheduling ever cared about the fans ? 
Nothing will change. I have Sky, so am probably part of the problem. ££££££££

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Klopp needs severe punishment after his antics on the touchline and his post match interview. Can’t go saying things like that at a referee in public. 

Also had a dig at Mason who made a valid point about the high foot 

He's the one manager more narcissistic than Rodgers.

9 hours ago, lanefox said:

Should be severely banned from the touchline but we know that won't happen, can't stand the cretin 

From Henry winter

PGMOL says it “is aware of the comments made by Jurgen Klopp after his side’s fixture with #THFC. Match officials in the Premier League are recorded in all games via a communications system and having fully reviewed the audio of referee Paul Tierney from today’s fixture, we can confirm he acted in a professional manner throughout including when issuing the caution to the #LFC manager so, therefore, we strongly refute any suggestion that Tierney’s actions were improper.” FA monitoring the situation. Charge likely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Just seen this on twitter. So sad.

Literally all one of them had to do was high five that lad, stop for a photo, speak to him do anything and it makes his day.

Such self entitlement.

Unfortunately I know a few of our players can be very dismissive as well. 

Not sure if it's the whole way Brendan ran the joint, or covid played a part, but the divide between players and fans seems bigger than ever.

Just so disheartening to watch, not a single one even glances at him. It would take literal seconds to even acknowledge the kid.

You're right though, the divide between players (especially premier League) and fans is the largest it's ever been

• Like 1

Just seen the Jota incident. How was he not sent off?! Tierney and the officials have had a shocker there. 

I'd be livid as a Spurs fan considering he should have been clearly sent off. He's literally kicked Skipp in the face. How does that not constitute dangerous play?! 

I don't think it makes a difference that Skipp should have been red carded as well. In isolation it's a red card. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just seen the Jota incident. How was he not sent off?! Tierney and the officials have had a shocker there. 

I'd be livid as a Spurs fan considering he should have been clearly sent off. He's literally kicked Skipp in the face. How does that not constitute dangerous play?! 

I don't think it makes a difference that Skipp should have been red carded as well. In isolation it's a red card. 

Klopp as usual was a complete wan ker about the incident too.

How the fvck can he claim Tierney and the rest of the officials are against them when they got a soft penalty and should have had Jota sent off?

10 hours ago, LboroLeeds said:

Easily the least likeable group of players we've had in the 40 odd years I can remember.

Not an ounce of backbone or humility between them.

Sadly yet another example of why modern football is garbage.

Dont even think its exclusive to you guys, its modern day premier league players as a whole.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

How the fvck can he claim Tierney and the rest of the officials are against them when they got a soft penalty and should have had Jota sent off?

Yeah, he's just a twat all round. Doesn't realise how fortunate he was to still have 11 on the pitch when Jota scored. 

I'd love to know what he said to Tierney. 

25 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I mean it wasn't a soft penalty, it was just dumb play by Romero. But yea, Klopp needs to ditch the chip on his shoulder.

Just saw the Klopp incident and his post match interview. The guy is an absolute clown.

I wish the Sky Sports Interviewer would have brought up the Jota high foot incident because I would of loved to hear Klopps thoughts on that.

43 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Klopp is the biggest arsehole in the PL. He wants banning from the stadium for the rest of their games, not just the touch line.

Probably did it to deflect the attention from the Jota incident. He's all about spin, remember the Mane penalty dive and character assignation of Hamza. He writes tomorrow's headlines. Loathsome character. 

Jota has previous. He got away with a blatant elbow in the face of Luke Thomas and then went on to score the winning penalty in the shoot out. 

Liverpool at Anfield, this stuff has been going on for decades. Horrible, horrible club and tourist fanbase. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LboroLeeds said:

Easily the least likeable group of players we've had in the 40 odd years I can remember.

Not an ounce of backbone or humility between them.

Sadly yet another example of why modern football is garbage.

It’s amazing really..how they seem to have changed over the long years…

There were always the odd terse , uncommunitive player. 
Due to first my childhood, then sports participation, I had contact acquaintances,support, encouragement, injury  & small time friendships,with many sportsman and heartily ITK contact with Tigers & Leicester city , Cricket players..

Athletes…though if you compete it’s rather obvious..

And I was never an Autograph hunter/spotter

I knew Banks & Shilton Weller ,G.Cross,,Gibson,Stringfellow,Glover,Worthington quite close, probably if caught in the wrong moment Banks,Shilton  could be quite Terse if having their own private time, Mostly though to many fans quite open for conversation in many normal  (also awkward) situations…Before then the various Leicester squads of early 60s to 70s…Then off-time conversations with some of MONs group.

Taggart,Elliot, yes Savage even after his playing career  bumped into him a few times. Taking in obviously the Tigers upto just before Dan Cole started ,but also

those 60s-70s cricketers, Gower,Davidson, grumpy Duddies,Tolchard,Higgs,but cricketers were easy to meet & spend some decent time,if a member..but enjoyed their company away from the game on a few occasions…Gower & Davidson we’re good aqaintances…

One heard of ones even favourite sports  people, taking critic in joe publics  social moments,not being spoke to,ignored etc…Usually short moment in time,where all above did embrace the public also on the run,outside dutifull  set up meets.Charity games etc

Since then, I interfaced and had several Belgium, Dutch, Mexican,German Football contacts…in neighbourhood away from gameday…Jurgen Klopp, being one of them,

SORRY..nice guy,informative does listen and openly exchanges conversation.

Just (my thoughts) a devil , expressionable, deeply emotionanable like MON on game day.. Some fans love it,some fans hate it…

Not this past month,over a few years,some players have no manners,are totally ignorant towards the fans,or even the moment…especially when being presented

to young kids…Phones in their ears,clicking on mobiles,eyes elsewhere, other than the kid….Some Managers ( just as bad) should be pulling them to the side afterwards… Telling them how not to ruin that Kids special day..!!:@

10 seconds of thought and one’s time,is all it takes to becalm,recognising eye contact, find love, win a friend/fan for life, or just leave disdain..

Even start a war..

And it’s these sports personalities that should be harmonising our diverse social world…

They can’t even be bothered as an individual or group,to honour some other persons ( a kids) presence.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1