Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

12 hours ago, Corky said:

It is totally unfair in the match going fan, too. I know Fulham is at 3pm but three night matches, including a long round trip, isn't right.

Do all these so called Fans representatives, bring these issues up in meetings with club, & the wider organisations..???
Who the fk organises such fixtures,and then doesn’t  stand back and say from common sense & logic…That is pure BS…

Is it just mentioned in passing,then just the lazy arrogant idea of ‚ just forget it‘

With our players for about 30 years you always had the influence of Birch round the training ground too. He was a link to the past - and with that past behaviours - and players would be grounded by pranks and all the community stuff he got them involved in, from opening a pub to signing a few shirts for kids and charity events. His advancing years have meant his influence has waned and the players seem less involved with the people who come to support them every week. Add to that the hostile social media replies, the move to Seagrave, which isn't nestled behind a housing estate, it's pretty distant, and we have a situation where the players are separated from fans in both emotional and physical senses.

11 hours ago, LboroLeeds said:

Easily the least likeable group of players we've had in the 40 odd years I can remember.

Not an ounce of backbone or humility between them.

Sadly yet another example of why modern football is garbage.

On this occasion its Leeds but I'd hedge a bet if you filmed most teams even at a league 1 or 2 level you'd get similar interactions. Can't even be arsed taking their headphones off and hide behind "getting in the zone" rubbish. There is the odd exception but it should be a given that players at least make eye contact with fans, especially young ones, unless there is a genuine toxic atmosphere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just seen the Jota incident. How was he not sent off?! Tierney and the officials have had a shocker there. 

I'd be livid as a Spurs fan considering he should have been clearly sent off. He's literally kicked Skipp in the face. How does that not constitute dangerous play?! 

I don't think it makes a difference that Skipp should have been red carded as well. In isolation it's a red card. 

Yes in Rugby,even when unintentional ,it’s upto the player ( also in nano seconds) to realise it’s dangerous play….Its also there to stop the players eventually doing things automatically.  Jota might not of intended it,he might be an hard but fair guy,but he still endangered an opponent..by even the laws of football and its requirements,

it is a straight Red..Ref should be suspended along with days officials..Its their job to safeguard the game….and even wayward players…Jota was not in control of his or opposing players movements.. Red,Red, and again Red..L‘pool should have 2pts deducted because perpetrator scored…& because Manager went OTT on Rant

( I still like Klopp,the crazy git) And he had right the other was also a penalty…Ref /VAR missed two major incidents…

I believe this comes about,because football refs and VAR,try to ref the game and give themselves opinions…No,No and no they should ref /VAR the moment…

This false logic has ruined many a top game & tournament,and gives player AND manager too much leeway in organising their dark side of the game.

Thats why I would like to see for ref-bating,and questionable tackles ( yesterday straight red so no debate) the 10 minute sin bin brought into football..

Managers to have an already designated area where to retire to,if given a yellow,I would prefer  changing room,away from game. But designated area in stands if sent off..No contact to bench..Notes or Mike..

I don’t trust or believe in football that VAR officials unlike Rugby TMO are disciplined or concentrated on watch the game as it is..especially in England…In comparison to Europe too many incidents on the weekly agenda…

Edited by fuchsntf

Its just a gigantic strategy with Klopp, and if annoys me that pundits fall for it. He plays the continuous victim card and it gets him what he wants every single time. Its about time an example was made of him. We can't have all this talk about respect for officials yet continuously leave the biggest offender alone. Doubt it will happen though.

And another amazing statistic. Jota has never been sent off for Liverpool. Crackers.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Its just a gigantic strategy with Klopp, and if annoys me that pundits fall for it. He plays the continuous victim card and it gets him what he wants every single time. Its about time an example was made of him. We can't have all this talk about respect for officials yet continuously leave the biggest offender alone. Doubt it will happen though.

And another amazing statistic. Jota has never been sent off for Liverpool. Crackers.

He’s at the perfect club then ….

• Like 1

Simple enough for this to be resolved, begin handing out stadium bans rather than just touchline. For repeat offending managers, simply ban them from the ground for a game. It'll soon stop when Klopp is missing for a huge title deciding game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But he also admits his own mistakes,takes on responsibility in front of the camera.

Admits even being seemingly hypocritical one moment to other,supports his team to the death,but will not always shield them and gives credit to the opposition..

He gets on a rant and can’t let go,even with humour unlike..lets say some critical fans admits he goes too far sometimes…

I wish Rodgers had, had some of his spunk,and ready openly to change tactics and face mistakes & errors…Klopps teams don’t sit on their wayfill ways ,Klopp makes sure they step up next time,or will say give me more time,but we see what we have done wrong…Hes Ying, he’s Yang….but L‘pool loyal hard fans love him because of it.

And he takes fans criticism serious….10% of that with Rodgers over this season,We wouldn’t be bottom 6..

Oh he is,by own admission a moaner,and goes too far on many a topic..but again

I like him…And Jesus this forum is like the pan calling the kettle black..

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Simple enough for this to be resolved, begin handing out stadium bans rather than just touchline. For repeat offending managers, simply ban them from the ground for a game. It'll soon stop when Klopp is missing for a huge title deciding game. 

Then imagine how far Liverpool take the victim card.......

Don't disagree though. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Then imagine how far Liverpool take the victim card.......

Don't disagree though. 

Oh for sure clubs would absolutely go wild if it happens. 

It's time the FA actually started standing up for officials. 

Players and clubs seem to be forgetting that without officials and fans they're just 22 blokes kicking a ball around a fancy park. 

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But he also admits his own mistakes,takes on responsibility in front of the camera.

Admits even being seemingly hypocritical one moment to other,supports his team to the death,but will not always shield them and gives credit to the opposition..

He gets on a rant and can’t let go,even with humour unlike..lets say some critical fans admits he goes too far sometimes…

I wish Rodgers had, had some of his spunk,and ready openly to change tactics and face mistakes & errors…Klopps teams don’t sit on their wayfill ways ,Klopp makes sure they step up next time,or will say give me more time,but we see what we have done wrong…Hes Ying, he’s Yang….but L‘pool loyal hard fans love him because of it.

And he takes fans criticism serious….10% of that with Rodgers over this season,We wouldn’t be bottom 6..

Oh he is,by own admission a moaner,and goes too far on many a topic..but again

I like him…And Jesus this forum is like the pan calling the kettle black..

I wasn't critising Klopp the manager - far from it. And agree with your points about learning from mistakes, and the point about Rodgers showing some spunk (although - thats a vision im not keen on :) - keep to yourself).

But with the treatment of officials, Klopp cleverly walks a line he knows he can get away with, and uses his victim blaming as part of getting away with it. Its in the power of the PL to put a stop to this, but they won't and that victim stuff is part and parcel of that. 

He's far from an idiot. He knows exactly what he is doing and uses it to his advantage. Its all part of those fine margins.

They have nothing to lose, as Gracia (who was about their fifth choice) has clearly lost them and they're going down anyway.  But bringing in someone now will be next to impossible, and they're probably effed anyway.  May as well take a shot though, from their perpsective.

25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I wasn't critising Klopp the manager - far from it. And agree with your points about learning from mistakes, and the point about Rodgers showing some spunk (although - thats a vision im not keen on :) - keep to yourself).

But with the treatment of officials, Klopp cleverly walks a line he knows he can get away with, and uses his victim blaming as part of getting away with it. Its in the power of the PL to put a stop to this, but they won't and that victim stuff is part and parcel of that. 

He's far from an idiot. He knows exactly what he is doing and uses it to his advantage. Its all part of those fine margins.

Top managers usually do..Fergie,Shankly,Fagan, and of course big bad PEP, Beckenbauer,Hoeness best victims in football and loved that game…

So how,where and for whom do these managers do it…:dunno:  One group luv it,the others,well it ain’t in their name. Is it.

Sorry they will carry on doing it,including the yet unknown groups for the future..

Agree officials should bring it down a tone or 2, but bans from the touchlines,suspensions like Rugby ( even with some over zealous or tedious ideas)

are rightly governing the game and controlling the players and club officials.OTT actions and remarks…One just doesn’t feel from presidents to local FA officials in football they are in control of anything…but anarchy.Too many snowflakes trying to be desert stone granites.

But isn’t it the football fraternity,just born moaners..

Edited by fuchsntf

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why did VAR award Leeds a freekick yesterday? That handball decision early on which was reviewed for a penalty. I thought only penalties, offsides, red cards and mistaken identity could be checked and awarded.

Yes thought the same. Odd call.

32 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Only a few weeks ago, Leeds fans were on here telling us how much of genius this guy was.

He was doing OK tbf, not amazing but good enough, up to half time of the Palace game, having beaten Southampton, Wolves and Forest.

We were flying, 1 nil up, missed chances then conceded in 1st half injury time.

Something, I don't know what ('apparently' a dressing room fight) but something  happened at HT, we came out and fell apart losing 5 1. The rest is history.

He is too passive for my liking but he's not had a decent hand to play with in all fairness.

Just now, LboroLeeds said:

He was doing OK tbf, not amazing but good enough, up to half time of the Palace game, having beaten Southampton, Wolves and Forest.

We were flying, 1 nil up, missed chances then conceded in 1st half injury time.

Something, I don't know what ('apparently' a dressing room fight) but something  happened at HT, we came out and fell apart losing 5 1. The rest is history.

He is too passive for my liking but he's not had a decent hand to play with in all fairness.

Do you think you should've stuck with Bielsa, despite his high-risk tactics?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Our officials are bloody awful. But that's no excuse for Klopp to behave how he does towards them. You have to show more restraint than that. He obviously thinks a lot of himself if he thinks the officials only make bad decisions against Liverpool.

Klopp can get away with anything. He’s the darling of the media and can’t be criticised. It’s part of the LiVARpool victim  mentality. 
I really can’t stand anything about this club. When was the last time one of their players was red carded at Anfield?

23 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Do you think you should've stuck with Bielsa, despite his high-risk tactics?

In hindsight yes. 

He wasn't the problem, the board was and is.

At least he is a decent, honourable human being who made the club feel wholesome.

Slightly bonkers, but a fantastic man and we have precious few of those right now.

• Like 1