Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

In hindsight yes. 

He wasn't the problem, the board was and is.

At least he is a decent, honourable human being who made the club feel wholesome.

Slightly bonkers, but a fantastic man and we have precious few of those right now.

Forgive me because you obviously have a more pointed view on this, but Bielsa's football was suicidal and he seemed like too much of a purist to adapt. I wouldn't say Jesse Marsch is a better manager but I think you would have gone down carrying on as you were under Bielsa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why did VAR award Leeds a freekick yesterday? That handball decision early on which was reviewed for a penalty. I thought only penalties, offsides, red cards and mistaken identity could be checked and awarded.

The ref awarded a penalty to begin with I think which is why VAR got involved 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty bs message in all honesty, it's another "we do stop and talk to fans, just not then" 

The responses lol this lot are gone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Only a few weeks ago, Leeds fans were on here telling us how much of genius this guy was.

Depends whether he is a fireman…or seen as someone who can put in a shift for future solid investment…

If he wants it. Even in the championship,Leeds is a good gig..

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Do you think you should've stuck with Bielsa, despite his high-risk tactics?

lol people talk about Rodgers burning out here, Bielsa had burnt out at Leeds like everywhere he's worked. Dudes murderball works for 2.5 years max before the entire squad is dead

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Did he? If so then I completely missed it. I thought he waved play on.

I thought he did originally but I’m sure the commentator then said he’d given it… maybe on advice from the linesman 

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

100.00% would be in the Championship now if they had.

They had played 27 and conceded 63.  And those numbers were trending downhill.

I know it was fun to watch, but once the whole League had figured it out (and his squad was worn out), his football was suicidal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

No doubt Klopp will get away with being a twat, as usual. 

It's frustrating with him with his football antics, as apparently he's quite approachable and decent away from the game.

Man City and Newcastle will probably both be losses for them, but West Ham & Spurs final two could give them some points. I'd be surprised if they won both though, it's hard to see them getting to more than 34 points at best.

19 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

100.00% would be in the Championship now if they had.

I don't think we would but we'll be there shortly anyway!

We stayed up in spite of Marsch not because of him and it only delayed the inevitable anyway tbh

At least we would've had something decent and genuine about the club, he was the complete antithesis to modern football and I miss that enormously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Doctor said:

lol people talk about Rodgers burning out here, Bielsa had burnt out at Leeds like everywhere he's worked. Dudes murderball works for 2.5 years max before the entire squad is dead

Had he been backed with new players we would've refreshed the squad.

The man who got us promoted with an average squad, finished 9th with mainly the same players but wasnt backed.

Yet we gave Marsch a fortune, wasted it and sacked him.

As a club we deserve what's coming.