Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

46 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

Had he been backed with new players we would've refreshed the squad.

The man who got us promoted with an average squad, finished 9th with mainly the same players but wasnt backed.

Yet we gave Marsch a fortune, wasted it and sacked him.

As a club we deserve what's coming.

not having that, look at Bielsas entire career, he has a very clear shelf life at a club

• Like 1

Orta finally leaving as well will be a big lift to Leeds fans. I’m always careful with what I say about other clubs because I admittedly don’t know enough of the inner going’s on to comment, but he seemed like a complete waste of space and had a very high opinion of himself. No idea whether this will keep them up or not but I suppose they had to do something whilst there was still some time left. It’s been a complete mess at the bottom of the league this year, real ineptitude by a number of clubs, including ours. 

On paper it's a ludicrous decision from Leeds but if it keeps them up - not at our expense of course - they've played it very well.

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

not having that, look at Bielsas entire career, he has a very clear shelf life at a club

His longest tenure was with us and it was the best few years we've had in the last 20 so he will always be a legend.

Anyway, it's all academic.

36 minutes ago, Manini said:

Orta finally leaving as well will be a big lift to Leeds fans. I’m always careful with what I say about other clubs because I admittedly don’t know enough of the inner going’s on to comment, but he seemed like a complete waste of space and had a very high opinion of himself. No idea whether this will keep them up or not but I suppose they had to do something whilst there was still some time left. It’s been a complete mess at the bottom of the league this year, real ineptitude by a number of clubs, including ours. 

Absolutely spot on. 

Ortas signings, players and managers, have been dreadful.

He also believes promotion was because of him, incompetent and arrogant.

He has form, exactly the same at Boro and left them in a right mess.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

His longest tenure was with us and it was the best few years we've had in the last 20 so he will always be a legend.

Anyway, it's all academic.

that's my point, he's not a long term builder, never has been. backing him last year is how you end up with a knackered squad in the championship rather than a knackered squad in the prem

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

that's my point, he's not a long term builder, never has been. backing him last year is how you end up with a knackered squad in the championship rather than a knackered squad in the prem

You can't spout logic and reason when it comes to Bielsa, those who back him are immune to them.  It's evolved into something of a cult of personality.  He'd ravaged the club by the time they sacked him and they headed for relegation by a comfortable margin.  I get why people admire him but when it blows up, it blows up hard.

As I said earlier, Leeds have absolutely nothing to lose by firing Gracia and Orta now - they were going down anyway, may as well take a shot and they can afford to throw away a lump of cash on Big Sam  if it doesn't pan out.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Allardyce will be a car crash, and is a pure desperation move. 

He's never been someone to come in and instantly change results. He needs to sign his team of mutants before any real changes happen. 

Of course it's a desperation move. It's a desperate situation for them. Can he really be a disaster over 4 games though, any more than Gracia had been?

'If I was called Sam Allardicio, I would have been alright, no problems whatsoever,' the former Bolton, Crystal Palace and Blackburn manager quipped. 

'So if my name was Allardicio and I spoke with a slight accent then I'd be fine, but being a bit broad and Midlands-stroke-North-Western, most of us managers get... That's why I was so disappointed with Graham (Potter) not being successful.

'Of course then Brendan fell away through I don't think any fault of his own, financially at the club Leicester had fallen on hard times. 

'It does depend on how good you are, and how lucky you are to drop there at the right time. and build a football club.' 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Allardyce will be a car crash, and is a pure desperation move. 

He's never been someone to come in and instantly change results. He needs to sign his team of mutants before any real changes happen. 

When he's saved teams before he's usually been brought in around October/November time when he's had the chance to get teams organised and to bring in a few bodies. Not that he would have been first choice, but I think if we had brought him in a couple of months ago he would have been able to keep us up. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Just what you need in a relegation scrap:

"His stint at West Bromwich Albion began amid embarrassment – his first four home games produced an aggregate score of 17-0, and not in their favour." 

lol

Obviously that is a damning stat, but that West Brom team were simply not good enough for this league. Their points per game ratio improved under him but it would have been his greatest survival achievement had he kept that team up. 

Edited by BenTheFox

Too late for Leeds I think, especially with their last 4 games being the toughest of them all. However, I don't blame them for rolling the dice with Big Sam. He will put a bus in front of the goal and hope they can pick up two 1-0 wins out of those 4. Not impossible. 

We just have to win 2 of our 4 and that will be enough. Anything less than that and I think there might be a final day twist which will screw us. 

• Like 1

When Allardyce was called in to save West Brom, we beat them 5 0 at their place with some superb football and goals.

Now we're looking at bringing him here with 4 matches to go for mission impossible.

More or less sums up the decline.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

'If I was called Sam Allardicio, I would have been alright, no problems whatsoever,' the former Bolton, Crystal Palace and Blackburn manager quipped. 

'So if my name was Allardicio and I spoke with a slight accent then I'd be fine, but being a bit broad and Midlands-stroke-North-Western, most of us managers get... That's why I was so disappointed with Graham (Potter) not being successful.

'Of course then Brendan fell away through I don't think any fault of his own, financially at the club Leicester had fallen on hard times. 

'It does depend on how good you are, and how lucky you are to drop there at the right time. and build a football club.' 

That wine habit can get out of control once a person retires.

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Of course it's a desperation move. It's a desperate situation for them. Can he really be a disaster over 4 games though, any more than Gracia had been?

Let's hope so :P 

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

• Haha 1

It's definitely desperation and a clear lack of long-term vision, if you hire someone like Allardyce.

They'll be fortunate if they manage to stay up even more now.

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Too late for Leeds I think, especially with their last 4 games being the toughest of them all. However, I don't blame them for rolling the dice with Big Sam. He will put a bus in front of the goal and hope they can pick up two 1-0 wins out of those 4. Not impossible. 

We just have to win 2 of our 4 and that will be enough. Anything less than that and I think there might be a final day twist which will screw us. 

We've only got to win 2 from our last 4😂...

Easy peasy 😂!