Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sadly I think Forest are worth backing. As I think Man City will have the title wrapped up. 

And if this is the case, it's almost certain to mean we have to win vs West Ham if we're not picking up anything before then... 

Arsenal play before man city play this week. Arsenal will still be in it

Hammers lose next 3. Then have to play strong v leeds and win hopefully so they are safe and resting up hopefully for a conference final when we play them. 4 points we will be safe I think. Win on Monday with a rested hammers team final day, we can win 2. Draw at Fulham not disastrous as long as we win last game  but preferably win them both. 

Edited by lcfcfoz

Forest will absolutely get a result out of Chelsea. 

Everton are just jammy and will get the rub of the green. To my knowledge, they've not been relegated from the top flight in years, despite being bloody awful at times. 

Us, Leeds and Southampton to go, I think.

In some ways, I think I'd rather it come as a shock drop than a Sunderland/ Stoke slow circling of the drain. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Arsenal play before man city play this week. Arsenal will still be in it

I think they'll lose vs Newcastle. 

Also, they play after Man City. 

Edited by StanSP

I would someone like Lee Nelson is to sneak into his press conference and ask some thing like "how much are you going of your league survival bonus you going to give to charity"

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What is Sam going to do anyway in 4 games?

With Man C ,Newcastle and Spurs to come cannot see it making much difference tbh but never know .

At least they will know Big Sam is there !

Allegation against Gracia was he didn’t really seem like the sort to motivate a squad as he was too nice and placid.

37 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Forest will absolutely get a result out of Chelsea. 

Everton are just jammy and will get the rub of the green. To my knowledge, they've not been relegated from the top flight in years, despite being bloody awful at times. 

Us, Leeds and Southampton to go, I think.

In some ways, I think I'd rather it come as a shock drop than a Sunderland/ Stoke slow circling of the drain. 

I think we would be more like Stoke if we went this season to be fair. I just looked and they had 3 9th place finishes in a row then a 13th before being relegated so they didn’t circle the drain the same way Sunderland did with there constant escapes under a new manager each year. 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

With Man C ,Newcastle and Spurs to come cannot see it making much difference tbh but never know .

At least they will know Big Sam is there !

Allegation against Gracia was he didn’t really seem like the sort to motivate a squad as he was too nice and placid.

Spurs at home is definitely a game Leeds can get something from if flakey Spurs turn up. Hopefully Kane and Son will be in stat-padding mode though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

What is Sam going to do anyway in 4 games?

First four games at:

Sunderland (2015): P4 W1 D0 L3 F5 A8 Pts 3

Crystal Palace (2016): P4 W0 D1 L3 F2 A8 Pts 1

Everton (2017): P4 W3 D1 L0 F7 A2 Pts 9

West Brom (2020): P4 W0 D1 L3 F1 A13 Pts 1

Everton were 13th when he took over. Their last game they won 4-0 with Usworth as caretaker. He didn't save them from anything. The players just didn't like Koeman. 

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

First four games at:

Everton were 13th when he took over. Their last game they won 4-0 with Usworth as caretaker. He didn't save them from anything. The players just didn't like Koeman. 

Wasn't his first win at WBA the Black Country Derby? :whistle:

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

First four games at:

I remember playing Everton under Unsworth at our place and they were horrendous. Think they did better under Allardyce than they would have under him. 

I am going to say something that will shake & vibrate down to the bones of FT…

of all earlier 8 candidates for relegation,Leeds IMO have played their games,more in the spirit,with fight and with most skills than the rest of us.Their defence & too gung-ho tactics attitude again has put them where they are..

Leeds in-grained competitive attitude is like marmite,love or hate it…

Our season total opposite  except maybe last 4 games,but even then still below the par we set over 4 seasons. Puts question on good weather players…

We are the weakest „team“,the weakest mental disciplined performances.

No matter how much stick they get from within…First Maddison & Barnes at least

abled us to hang in,then of late Iversen,Soumare,Soyuncu have come to the party..

Big Sam is the one person,one manager,that can turn their last 4 games,

Deano 3 Amigos we the fans are too close to call it,but he’s given us our first positives since W.cup and opened a jar the escape door..

Other 3 clubs are tredding and fighting in their own mire, but „0“ points not guaranteed, and so far we have failed at every stage

to grab the moment since Soton..

We have our noses though bloodied in front,so next game always that must win.

Equal or slightly better the others last 4 results is our frayed frustration hopes.

So still in our own hands…

Everyone of us will chose & pick their own player(s) we see as our saviour(s)

I go for Iversen,and Soyuncu & Soumare…No matter I always prefered the Dane,the

3 of them would of but 5 games ago,not have been even in Maddison’s Dart pack,or our own reckonning..as 2023 LCFC well guided feathers.but more like blunt tips.

We need from now Deanos Brigade to show more ,than anything Big Sams new charges can present…

• Like 2

Looking at the fixtures, are we not better off with a West Ham win tonight?

1) Keeps Man City needing to win against Leeds and then Everton in their next two

2) Keeps Arsenal in the hunt for longer and more likely to need / want a win at Forest in a couple of weeks 

3) West Ham likely to be mathematically safe before they play us on the final day 

Unless we think we're going to overtake the Hammers should they keep losing but that's a big ask 

Edited by Jack1993