Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Flippin heck! Trying to keep up with every game and score in the league is exhausting and the anxiety to go along with that than we have to follow it all up with our own performance on Monday. We’re all gonna need a massive holiday come season end and some therapy!

20 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Looking at the fixtures, are we not better off with a West Ham win tonight?

1) Keeps Man City needing to win against Leeds and then Everton in their next two

2) Keeps Arsenal in the hunt for longer and more likely to need / want a win at Forest in a couple of weeks 

3) West Ham likely to be mathematically safe before they play us on the final day 

Unless we think we're going to overtake the Hammers should they keep losing but that's a big ask 

No, West Ham could go into G37 still needing points vs Leeds at home. Ideal scenario is they need to beat Leeds at home to guarantee safety.

West Ham's next three games are Man City (a), Man Utd (h) & Brentford (a). They could easily get 0-1pt out of those three which will leave them needing a win against Leeds for them not to be in it on the final day.

Man City need 14pts from six games to guarantee the title so that's W4 D2 or W5. They play both West Ham and Leeds before Arsenal play again. The neutral might think this title is over but Man City won't, they''l be desperate for 6pts from these two fixtures. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

No, West Ham could go into G37 still needing points vs Leeds at home. Ideal scenario is they need to beat Leeds at home to guarantee safety.

West Ham's next three games are Man City (a), Man Utd (h) & Brentford (a). They could easily get 0-1pt out of those three which will leave them needing a win against Leeds for them not to be in it on the final day.

Ahh, I thought I was thinking far ahead but it turns out I wasn't thinking far enough ahead! Cheers 

(This is occupying my thoughts 24/7 at the minute :mellow:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The 4 cretinous sides involved in the relegation battle have won 3 of their last 24 games between them. Obviously as the end of the season edges closer we're all more likely to win through sheer necessity but I think we're probably overstating how many points each team will get.

I'd take 4pts now and take my chances on it as it will probably be enough.

That forces Everton to win two or W1 D3.

It forces Leeds and Forest to win two or W1 D2 L1.

I'm not concerning myself with the last game of the season as we'll know what needs to happen but our three rivals play three times each and these are their opponents in no particular order.

Southampton (h)

Man City (h)

Arsenal (h)

Newcastle (h)

Man City (a)

Chelsea (a)

Brighton (a)

Wolves (a)

West Ham (a)

There doesn't seem too many points on offer from that apart from Forest vs Southampton but the pressure to win that will be immense and anything other than a Forest win will feel like they're down.

If we can just beat a depleted Fulham on Monday it will be absolutely massive and feel like we're almost home and dry.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The 4 cretinous sides involved in the relegation battle have won 3 of their last 24 games between them. Obviously as the end of the season edges closer we're all more likely to win through sheer necessity but I think we're probably overstating how many points each team will get.

And despite us being hopeless, we've won the most games of the four this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Brighton close to signing Milner, adds a lot of experience to a young squad. 

Good be a great bit of business. 

Be awesome signing for anyone, bring him to Leicester be a good player coach.

I’m curious, does anyone think that we might have overrated fofana a bit? 

He’s obviously a talent but I can’t help but think a lot of his classy starts were because he had Evans next to him in his prime. 

He’s been shakey at chelsea to say the least. If we’d been getting those performances when we’d signed him we’d be thinking we’d been conned.

Everything works out for the best because i think we’d genuinely have been a lot worse off if we’d kept him this season.  

Edited by Lambert09

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m curious, does anyone think that we might have overrated fofana a bit? 

He’s obviously a talent but I can’t help but think a lot of his classy starts were because he had Evans next to him in his prime. 

He’s been shakey at chelsea to say the least. If we’d been getting those performances when we’d signed him we’d be thinking we’d been conned.

Everything works out for the best because i think we’d genuinely have been a lot worse off if we’d kept him this season.  

He's not been the same since his injury, he's playing in a low confidence side managed by a coach who cannot organise a defence. He might not be as good as he would have gone on to be had he not had his fibula injury. A bit like Ricardo never reaching his previous heights.

Edited by JimJams

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Man City need 14pts from six games to guarantee the title so that's W4 D2 or W5. They play both West Ham and Leeds before Arsenal play again. The neutral might think this title is over but Man City won't, they''l be desperate for 6pts from these two fixtures. 

I agree man city are on for a treble, they'll want to tick off the first part of it as quick as possible which would be the premiership in around game 36 I'd say.

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Deliberately tried to ruin someone's reputation by lying about him, now he's trying to weasel out of it. What a nasty little man.

Him and Pep really show their true colours when things don't go for them.

Not buying the whole "bad losers don't like losing" bullshit either. There's such thing as humility, especially when you've got bigger budgets than the rest of the country.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Blimey lol

Screenshot_20230503_174709_Twitter.jpg.e2ccdbcb65be781f0d63ee3e0d3517c7.jpg

What a tool.

Gives me even more hatred of Leeds utd.

Really hope this backfires and they continue their form into relegation.

• Like 2

Bellingham to go to Madrid, instead of the Premier League... no s*** Sherlock! As soon as they became interested in getting him it should have been obvious that's where he would be going. Bizarre that it's even been made into a story.

Edited by TJQuik