Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

37 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps it's because our players haven't given us any reason to believe we'll win any of our last 4 games?

The result and previous performances have no real baring on the next result. We have to go into the last games with hope!

I would offer you a bet we stay up, but you still haven’t paid out after saying Andrea Townsend and Dimari Gray would get more goals and assists than Maddison last season. Or last season when you said we were crap and bet £50 Everton would finish above us.

Back the lads, we’ve got more game winners in our team than anyone else at the bottom - Vardy, Barnes, Daka, Maddison, Tielemans all the sorts of players that can be having an average/quiet game and do something sublime.

Fulham aren’t playing for anything, West Ham at home are well beatable - Liverpool are playing better now, but this season are a midtable team and at home we generally do okay against them.

Plenty of points to play for yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

West Ham are out of it. 33/34 is probably the safe mark. They need 3 of the dickhead teams down there to win one and draw one. Seriously how can they be dragged down with the moronic teams down there. 

If they lose every game for the remained of the season - they are down. Keeping in mind two of those games are against us and Leeds. Realistically, with their goal difference all they need is two points to be safe, but there remaining games aren’t easy!

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If you read some of the posts on here Everton, Leeds and Forest are going to turn into Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid for the last four games whilst we turn into 11 point Derby.

My whole point is that won’t happen. Only Jamie Carragher thinks Everton will hit some sort of form - they haven’t hit any decent form for two years . The only time they look like world beaters is when they play us at home - they ****ed that. 

Forest are ****ing shit. They’ve had their special win against Brighton. They threw away at least a point v Brentford who were doing everything for 80 minutes to give them a win.

Leeds have hired Allardyce who believes he is Pep but will play a style which a set of players are so not suited for. 

Leicester - well we all know. 

there is one special result left in all of them. I’m hoping we get it but every chance we don’t. The good thing is our goal difference, there is genuine chance a point keeps us up by the skin of our teeth. I just can’t see 2 of these getting 4 points. They’ve been that bad. I genuinely think from the those 4 up there the impact of relegation and the basket case nature of their boards, owners and second relegation next year is not a ridiculous scenario. For me, West Ham have just done enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't buy this 'West Ham are safe' argument. 4 defeats, which is a possibility and they get relegated.

That means three of the four below them winning two of their last four games ……that surely isn’t happening, given where those sides have been for the last few months 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That means three of the four below them winning two of their last four games ……that surely isn’t happening, given where those sides have been for the last few months 

Well if they lose all their games that automatically means Leeds need 2pts from 3 games and us a point from three games to finish above them. 

10 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't buy this 'West Ham are safe' argument. 4 defeats, which is a possibility and they get relegated.

I don't think they'll go down. But I do know what I'd be thinking if I was in their place... basically I'd be don't let it get to the last 2 games. Which in itself, brings a self imposed pressure for the upcoming 2. Don't fck it up don't fck it up. ...the more you think that, the more it can become a.self fulfilling prophecy 

• Like 1

Fulham very upset about the penalty for Liverpool but definitely see why the ref gave it and not sure VAR would see it as a clear error but who knows with that .

I guess the frustration is another ref probably would potentially  make a different decision.

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Fulham very upset about the penalty for Liverpool but definitely see why the ref gave it and not sure VAR would see it as a clear error but who knows with that .

I guess the frustration is another ref probably would potentially  make a different decision.

seemed pretty clear cut to me. Just clumsy defending. Obviously didn’t know where darwin was and swung a leg. Not a lot to complain about with the game how it is 

• Like 1

For me we need to win against Fulham.  We will do well to get 1 point out of the Scousers and Newcastle and I am not sure my heart can take us needing a win on the last day - especially after our recent last day record.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If they lose every game for the remained of the season - they are down. Keeping in mind two of those games are against us and Leeds. Realistically, with their goal difference all they need is two points to be safe, but there remaining games aren’t easy!

Not necessarily. Not if us and Leeds lost our others games which is quite feasible. It looks more and more than the threshold for safety will be so low that West Ham have already met it. No chance they go down now IMO.

8 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Why don't you think we can beat Fulham? 

Of course we can beat Fulham. I’d go as far as to say with the players they are missing and their form (is it 7 defeats in 9?) that we should beat them. 

But, we could and should have beaten Everton…and Leeds…..Southampton and Bournemouth and others.

The evidence is definitely there to suggest that we will mess up again. 

But then there’s the hope that it has to change at some point and football throws up funny results. So it’s more hope than expectation but hopefully we can throw up a surprise and get a result.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Yes. Can see them beating Southampton and Palace. 

I can see Forest beating Southampton but they won't get anything at Palace.

I can't see Leeds winning another game. How we didn't win at Elland Road is criminal, they are shit and every team batteres them. Last month they conceded 24 goals ffs.

Everton at home to Bournemouth is the one I worry about on the last day.

Edited by Fox92

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Yes. Can see them beating Southampton and Palace. 

Palace have been excellent since Hodgson went back, they've got a really good team that are starting to enjoy themselves again and actually have fun playing football. It's the last game of the season, at Palace, where there'll be a decent party atmosphere cos Woy has turned up in his super hero cape to save them and now he's bowing out again. 

They aren't going to do Forest any favours and Forest are dreadful away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Of course we can beat Fulham. I’d go as far as to say with the players they are missing and their form (is it 7 defeats in 9?) that we should beat them. 

But, we could and should have beaten Everton…and Leeds…..Southampton and Bournemouth and others.

The evidence is definitely there to suggest that we will mess up again. 

But then there’s the hope that it has to change at some point and football throws up funny results. So it’s more hope than expectation but hopefully we can throw up a surprise and get a result.

No point bringing Southampton and Bournemouth up as this was when the rot looked irreversable. In fact, you say we should have beaten Bournemouth but before the game I was in the distillery telling people i was convinced they were too good for us right now. People thought i was mad. They ended up completely bullying us.

There is no 'should' beat anyone. You have to turn up and earn it. Thats why there are a lot of draws in these scraps. The big thing is we didn't lose, and we nudged ourselves up the table.

Fulham will be a different game altogether. They won't be fighting for their lives. I am very hopeful of a win.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can't see Leeds winning another game. How we didn't win at Elland Road is criminal, they are shit and every team batteres them. Last month they conceded 24 goals ffs.

Leeds may be shit but if Bamford hadn't  muffed a chance a grade-school would have put away they win that match.  So what does that make us?

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Leeds may be shit but if Bamford hadn't  muffed a chance a grade-school would have put away they win that match.  So what does that make us?

IF. You can use IF for anything.

We were the better team at Elland Road and should have won. The fact in their previous games they'd conceded 11 and we only managed 1 (granted, 2 were ruled out) was a disappointment.

Season's are not defined by a couple of games but IF we go down I will look back at the result at Elland Road as massive points dropped, even more so than Everton.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

IF. You can use IF for anything.

We were the better team at Elland Road and should have won. The fact in their previous games they'd conceded 11 and we only managed 1 (granted, 2 were ruled out) was a disappointment.

Season's are not defined by a couple of games but IF we go down I will look back at the result at Elland Road as massive points dropped, even more so than Everton.

The numbers tell a different story.  Apart from possession they were basically even, and Leeds edged it in xG.  And Everton - another side posters here love to deride as dross - should have slaughtered us according to the numbers.

I'm not disputing that Leeds have been awful under Gracia.  But I think there's a lot of denial about just how poor we've been, as if we can turn it on like a switch now and play up to our supposed level, whatever that means.  Leeds did what we did, brought in an out of favor dinosaur in the hopes of saving their season after a run of horrendous form.  We did it sooner, and maybe it'll be enough to dig us out - Smith is at least marginally competent and smart enough to use his best defender rather than blacklist him out of a personal grudge.  But Leeds could make a case that they're better than they've shown, too, and Allardyce is no less of a competent caretaker than Smith.  We can't afford to write any of our rivals' chances off when we've been so bad for so long.

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It was offside, it would have been ruled out by VAR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I can see Forest beating Southampton but they won't get anything at Palace.

Everton at home to Bournemouth is the one I worry about on the last day.

The best way to think about it is percentages rather than in absolutes of they'll win that one but lose there.

Forest are only an implied 47% chance to beat Southampton on Betfair. They're more likely to not win than win and anything other than 3pts will be catastrophic for their survival hopes. It's the biggest game left until the final day amongst all the relegation candidates.

Leeds have an implied 5% chance of winning at Man City on Saturday and a 16% chance of not getting beat. A lot of people will be having that as a certain Man City win but they still need to go out and win and Leeds will try to make that as difficult as possible, there are no certainties.

As for the Everton vs Bournemouth match I don't concern myself with it at all, let's see where we all are and what we need to do after the next three games. There's every chance the Everton match will be irrelevant to us by then especially if we can get a win against Fulham or Liverpool. With Everton's fixtures and a point behind the pack they'll be happy to be just going into that match needing a win to survive.