Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Someone posted a still on this forum, he was definitely onside.

I was that someone.  Chestnuts played Bamford onside - Koch is off but doesn't appear to be directly impacting the play.  Basically you'd have to hope VAR decided Koch was relevant to the goal and thus rule it out.

image.png.401b73ec4117bf27cf05f7a3458896a6.png

Edited by Deeg67

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I was that someone.  Chestnuts played Bamford onside - Koch is off but doesn't appear to be directly impacting the play.  Basically you'd have to hope VAR decided Koch was relevant to the goal and thus rule it out.

Course he did. Grimmy Castagne 

I could see us having Ricardo on the right, and Bertrand at left back for the last two games of the season

I don't think there is much faith in either VK or Luke Thomas, or even Castagne for that matter.

If they think they can get Bertrand fit, they could throw him in. JTs mate n all

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

The numbers tell a different story.  Apart from possession they were basically even, and Leeds edged it in xG.  And Everton - another side posters here love to deride as dross - should have slaughtered us according to the numbers.

I'm not disputing that Leeds have been awful under Gracia.  But I think there's a lot of denial about just how poor we've been, as if we can turn it on like a switch now and play up to our supposed level, whatever that means.  Leeds did what we did, brought in an out of favor dinosaur in the hopes of saving their season after a run of horrendous form.  We did it sooner, and maybe it'll be enough to dig us out - Smith is at least marginally competent and smart enough to use his best defender rather than blacklist him out of a personal grudge.  But Leeds could make a case that they're better than they've shown, too, and Allardyce is no less of a competent caretaker than Smith.  We can't afford to write any of our rivals' chances off when we've been so bad for so long.

Oh no not the old xG stat coming at me again. We had more possession, more shots, more corners. It was an entertaining game for both sides, one of the best games I've been to in recent weeks, but a better side than us would have done to them what Liverpool and Palace did (scoring more than 4).

I am not in denial about how poor we are. It's disappointing we took only 2 points from Leeds A and Everton H, it should have been at least 4 points. We are now in a position where we need something from Fulham/Liverpool and it aint gonna happen.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Whilst it's obviously much closer than it first appeared on TV, I do think this is quite a good example of why the standard TV angles aren't the best for offside sometimes. This makes it look like he's miles onside, if you actually follow the line of the pitch Bamford and Castagne are extremely close and a millisecond either way probably has one or the other leaning across. 

Given that this is someone's random pause on their telly, it's quite possibly not the "exact" moment the ball is struck. 

It's all irrelevant anyway, it's done and dusted and he missed. But I wouldn't say this is conclusive evidence he'd have been onside. Just that it was closer than we first thought. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Leeds may be shit but if Bamford hadn't  muffed a chance a grade-school would have put away they win that match.  So what does that make us?

This is an absolutely ridiculous argument and it annoys me every time I see it. The fact is he didn’t - they had the quality in their team to score once, so did we.

We could go on all day and night, if Vardy had held his run, or if Soumare hadn’t strayed offside.

If madders had twatted his penalty in the corner against Everton… 

We could easily have won both games, we could easily have lost both games.

We didn’t we drew.

I know you’re a Leeds fan, but they have been the worst team in the league for me this season.

The fact that we’ve been a shambles at the back with Ward in goal for most of the season and been proper turned over a few times and yet Leeds have still managed to concede a lot more than us is evident of how bad they have been. 
Similar to us, poor recruitment over two years, a string of managers not cut out for the PL and a shambles behind the scenes is why they are also struggling.

Big Sam or not, they will finish in the bottom 2 and deservedly so.

Us, Everton and Forest have all been shite, and the fact that at least two of those clubs will survive is amazing really. 

• Like 1

ROFL, I could give a flying fuch about Leeds (I was rooting for Marsch, but that's about it), I just think it's rather silly to be holding them up as an example of how we're too good to be where we are.  You really seem quite obsessed, to be honest.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This is an absolutely ridiculous argument and it annoys me every time I see it. The fact is he didn’t - they had the quality in their team to score once, so did we.

We could go on all day and night, if Vardy had held his run, or if Soumare hadn’t strayed offside.

If madders had twatted his penalty in the corner against Everton… 

We could easily have won both games, we could easily have lost both games.

We didn’t we drew.

I know you’re a Leeds fan, but they have been the worst team in the league for me this season.

The fact that we’ve been a shambles at the back with Ward in goal for most of the season and been proper turned over a few times and yet Leeds have still managed to concede a lot more than us is evident of how bad they have been. 
Similar to us, poor recruitment over two years, a string of managers not cut out for the PL and a shambles behind the scenes is why they are also struggling.

Big Sam or not, they will finish in the bottom 2 and deservedly so.

Us, Everton and Forest have all been shite, and the fact that at least two of those clubs will survive is amazing really. 

I said to someone yesterday, that such is the utter uselessness of the bottom 5, they all deserve to be relegated this season!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Palace have been excellent since Hodgson went back, they've got a really good team that are starting to enjoy themselves again and actually have fun playing football. It's the last game of the season, at Palace, where there'll be a decent party atmosphere cos Woy has turned up in his super hero cape to save them and now he's bowing out again. 

They aren't going to do Forest any favours and Forest are dreadful away. 

Could be right! (hope so!) 

Another way of looking at it though, is Palace are safe, they struggled all season, so haven't become a world beater over night. They lost to Wolves 2-0 and drew 0-0 to a woeful Everton under Hodgson. Their players will likely suffer from mid-table safety/already on the beach syndrome and most importantly, Forest will likely have to win to stay up and so will throw everything at Palace. 

I think Forest will beat Southampton and Palace. We have to beat Fulham and pick up a win elsewhere IMO. 4 points may be enough, but 6 would make me breathe easier. We are more than capable of beating Fulham and West Ham, but think we will struggle badly against Liverpool and Newcastle. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

Could be right! (hope so!) 

Another way of looking at it though, is Palace are safe, they struggled all season, so haven't become a world beater over night. They lost to Wolves 2-0 and drew 0-0 to a woeful Everton under Hodgson. Their players will likely suffer from mid-table safety/already on the beach syndrome and most importantly, Forest will likely have to win to stay up and so will throw everything at Palace. 

I think Forest will beat Southampton and Palace. We have to beat Fulham and pick up a win elsewhere IMO. 4 points may be enough, but 6 would make me breathe easier. We are more than capable of beating Fulham and West Ham, but think we will struggle badly against Liverpool and Newcastle. 

I think Palace away last day will be really tough for Notts Forest  and I wouldn't fancy it if its was us ,with that game as one we had to win to stay up.  It will be Hodgsons last game, and the players and fans are going to be really up in terms of finishing the season with a win for him as much as anything else.

• Like 1

Don’t forget Forest have only 6 points from away games all season - a 1-0 win at Southampton and 3 draws.

As good as they have been at home, and they’ve had some decent performances and picked up some points at home, they’ve been awful on the road. They are the only team in the league who have yet to score double figures for goals on their travels.

If they fail to beat Southampton this weekend, I think they join Southampton and Leeds in the Chaampionship.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Big Sam is always entertaining, give him that.  "There's nobody better than me."

He's right in what he says, but he's the opposite of Rodgers with regards to how the media treat him. Who can point out a job done by Pep, Klopp or Rodgers that was similar to what he did at Bolton? Or the teams he saved year after year after year? 

Imagine thinking you can only be a 'Great manager' by having success with the greatest player(s) of that generation. Allardyce's job a Bolton was better than Pep's achievements anywhere.

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I could see us having Ricardo on the right, and Bertrand at left back for the last two games of the season

I don't think there is much faith in either VK or Luke Thomas, or even Castagne for that matter.

If they think they can get Bertrand fit, they could throw him in. JTs mate n all

I would love if West Ham sack Moyes, announce Brendan. Then we relegate them on the final day with Bertrand whipping a corner onto Soyuncus massive......... we'll say head 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

ACL out for the season, anyone of our top youth prospects

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Eh?

3 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Where have you heard/read this? 

2 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Training well according to Dyche just now

Fixed it for him 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Look at the angle of the 6 yard line though, if you move your finger in line with the 6 yard box then Bamford looks clearly offside. The angle of that photo is misleading  to thinking you’re just drawing a straight line from north to south . Not saying it’s on or off but that photo is far from conclusive that he’s onside, it’s difficult to tell from that angle 

Edited by Sampson