Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I could see us having Ricardo on the right, and Bertrand at left back for the last two games of the season

I don't think there is much faith in either VK or Luke Thomas, or even Castagne for that matter.

If they think they can get Bertrand fit, they could throw him in. JTs mate n all

The only thing I'd like to see Bertrand thrown in is Loch Ness!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I could see us having Ricardo on the right, and Bertrand at left back for the last two games of the season

I don't think there is much faith in either VK or Luke Thomas, or even Castagne for that matter.

If they think they can get Bertrand fit, they could throw him in. JTs mate n all

So let me get this right, drop Belgiums full back, and Denmarks full back, leave Luke Thomas out and then play a man who hasn't played for two years?

You must have relatives in Rotherham.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Look at the angle of the 6 yard line though, if you move your finger in line with the 6 yard box then Bamford looks clearly offside. The angle of that photo is misleading  to thinking you’re just drawing a straight line from north to south . Not saying it’s on or off but that photo is far from conclusive that he’s onside, it’s difficult to tell from that angle 

The goal line is closer to the camera and therefore better to use than the six yard line 

bamford is well onside 

doesn’t matter now 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

AHEM. 

Seamus Coleman out for the season... 

Distinctly possible I misheard and got carried away. Everyone stand down lol

How can you mis hear Dominic Calvert-lewin  v  seamus coleman. ????

I suppose the hard c is common …… but you do need to syringe your ears 😄

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

Does this match affect us in any way?  (Not thought about it, myself, so...)

Brightons next game is home to Everton 

we don’t want them to get any reds and would be good for them to win to keep momentum 

however, if yanited lose, liverpool will feel they can catch them and that gives them a little more motivation when we play them 

perhaps a draw with no injuries for brighton 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Interesting interview about recruitment at Brighton. Makes me quite jealous.

They'll probably be like us in a few years when their luck runs out and it starts to go wrong. Brighton fans may have a good time first though!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

They'll probably be like us in a few years when their luck runs out and it starts to go wrong. Brighton fans may have a good time first though!

That is the danger .

Can they keep recruiting well?

But Brighton do also have strong leaders in their squad keeping things level headed like Dunk.

Once Stoke and Charlton were seen as the example to other promoted clubs making their way in the PL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Great as their recruitment (especially their South American network) has become, it's just so hard to stay in contention with a sell-and-replace model.  Limited room for error.

But ... Tony Bloom is in a recession- and pandemic-proof business ... and probably won't give the keys to the club to a pint-sized saboteur.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

The only way the process goes drastically wrong. They may fall off a bit, have issues replacing one or two. But to fall off like us you completely abandon the model and fail to safeguard. 

Atlanta

Dortmund

Napoli

Brighton

Vilareal

Are some of examples of clubs who have and evolved models to compete with bigger and perhaps more affluent clubs. Things going wrong here and there. The odd poor signing. Bad manager appointment etc. will happen. But the model will survive.

For Brighton to be like us, their owner and board will have to undertake a number of negligent **** ups.  

11 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Brighton Are an excellent side. Why did they have to go missing v notts forest!!

They’d played 120 minutes 72 hours before versus a completely fresh side. All of the goals they conceded could be explained by fatigue.